Chris Henry Dies

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
CBS affiliate WBTV reports that the tapes, from Dec. 16, include two calls. The first is an unidentified woman calmly telling the operator that she is driving behind a yellow truck with "a black man on it with no shirt on, and he's got his arm in a cast and black pants on," she told a dispatcher.

"He's beating on the back of this truck window... I don't know if he's trying to break in or something. It just looks crazy. It's a girl driving it." She then says that the truck turned off of the street she was driving on and that she did not follow it.

Okay we get it, you're trying to justify why you don't care. How about you go make some other statements that you wouldn't outside of a message board.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
LOL guys, come on. Not only was he a POS who had anything he wanted if he just applied himself but f***ed up all the time, but he also JUMPED INTO THE BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK THAT WAS SPEEDING AWAY. What a f***ing moron.

You don't know him bro. The guy was trying to turn his life around, and kept his name out the news this entire season than in the past. (not counting of course this tragedy) Obviously when you see his teammates/friends being emotional you know they care about the guy then what is portrayed in the media. You never heard about anything to do with him as a father to his kids, but of course that gets overlooked. He was (is) a thug, but the guy actually gave a damn (really played well this year, and was involved in more charity events than usual) and was a loyal father. To be honest, his wife is probably worse than he is. I would like to hear how he "fell" out the truck and the whole domestic dispute mostly. Again though... you don't know him.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Okay we get it, you're trying to justify why you don't care. How about you go make some other statements that you wouldn't outside of a message board.

I've said these very statements to my friends and some family. Get over it and stop taking it so personally.

I was just posting the development. The guy's a thug, he was up to bad stuff, died because of it, end of story. If he doesn't die the story leads to him getting arrested for like the 10th time.

Just look at the rap sheet. He would have been anything but a good influence on his children. Now they get his money, hopefully they are put in the position to do the right things with it.

From his college days at West Virginia University, Henry had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[15]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[16] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[17] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[18] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[19] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[18]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[20]

On October 6, he was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[21]

The following April, Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10][15] His suspension on the 10th came with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[22] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky on November 6, 2007.[23] He was arrested for a second time in Orlando on December 3 for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008, he was found not guilty.

On March 31, 2008, Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[24] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

And now this, he dies because he acted like the idiot he is... I don't see why my not feeling sorry for the situation is so hard to understand.

Edited by Steve9347

Ok.

I apologize in advance to all those I am about to offend.

I'm not going to be as heartless as Steve here, but let's keep things in perspective. This guy was chasing his fiance out of the house and then diving into the back of a moving pickup truck as she tried to get away from him. He was then reportedly beating on the rear window, apparently trying to break in to either assault her more, or scream at her, or who knows what.

What if he had a knife? Or a gun? What if he threatened to kill her?

We honestly don't know the particulars. If there is one thing that we should have all learned from the Tiger Woods debacle is things may not be what the initially seem.

Before anyone starts canonizing this guy, or vilifying the guy, we should probably wait for more of the details to emerge.

One thing I do know, is that we all like to forgive and forget all the bad things someone has done in their lifetime when they die, while as they live, we all feel free to judge and mock them all we like.

If he had not been seriously injured, we would all be laughing our asses off at what a fool and an idiot Chris Henry is.

If this was some random person, we would probably be doing it even if the guy did die.

So while I don't necessarily think saying the guy "got what he deserved" is a particularly tactful thing to say, I think all of us participating in some mourning session because of the family he left behind is very disingenuous.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
Ok.

I'm not going to be as heartless as Steve here, but let's keep things in perspective. This guy was chasing his fiance out of the house and then diving into the back of a moving pickup truck as she tried to get away from him. He was then reportedly beating on the rear window, apparently trying to break in to either assault her more, or scream at her, or who knows what.

We honestly don't know the particulars. If there is one thing that we should have all learned from the Tiger Woods debacle is things may not be what the initially seem.

Before anyone starts canonizing this guy, or vilifying the guy, we should probably wait for more of the details to emerge.

One thing I do know, is that we all like to forgive and forget all the bad things someone has done in their lifetime when they die, while as they live, we all feel free to judge and mock them all we like.

If he had not been seriously injured, we would all be laughing our asses off at what a fool and an idiot Chris Henry is.

If this was some random person, we would probably be doing it even if the guy did die.

So while I don't necessarily think saying the guy "got what he deserved" is a particularly tactful thing to say, I think all of us participating in some mourning session because of the family he left behind is very disingenuous.

Well said shack. :cheers :cheers

See Steve, if you said something like this, you probably don't get ripped on. :P

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
You don't know him bro. The guy was trying to turn his life around, and kept his name out the news this entire season than in the past. (not counting of course this tragedy) Obviously when you see his teammates/friends being emotional you know they care about the guy then what is portrayed in the media. You never heard about anything to do with him as a father to his kids, but of course that gets overlooked. He was (is) a thug, but the guy actually gave a damn (really played well this year, and was involved in more charity events than usual) and was a loyal father. To be honest, his wife is probably worse than he is. I would like to hear how he "fell" out the truck and the whole domestic dispute mostly. Again though... you don't know him.

And you knew him then?

I didnt hear ANYONE sound emotional about him so far. The owner and coach of his own team couldnt even bring up any stories at all of how the guy was good other than some stories about ridiculous catches. They said more negative stuff about him than positive IMO. When you havea bunch of people having a hard time talking about your actual contribution to society its usually not a good sign. On top of that, the guy died trying to chase, break into the car of, and possibly injure the mother of his children. Its a bad thing that he died, but shedding a tear is a little much for that guy.

huh? I think people pretty much hit the nail on the head about the Woods situation from the get go. Take a look at the posts in our thread about how it seemed like she smashed the window, domestic dispute etc etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
And you knew him then?

I didnt hear ANYONE sound emotional about him so far. The owner and coach of his own team couldnt even bring up any stories at all of how the guy was good other than some stories about ridiculous catches. They said more negative stuff about him than positive IMO. When you havea bunch of people having a hard time talking about your actual contribution to society its usually not a good sign. On top of that, the guy died trying to chase, break into the car of, and possibly injure the mother of his children. Its a bad thing that he died, but shedding a tear is a little much for that guy.

Did I say I did? I was bringing up stuff he did this season as far as the whole media stuff. I already said he was a thug (geez people read the god damn post) that only THIS SEASON he decided to give a damn and was at least a loyal father (something you never see from "gangstas.") Someone put up what Chad Johnson thought about it. Why don't you click that then get back to me Rock (there's your one guy for "anyone"). Again.. I never liked Henry, but pretty much what shack said sums it up perfectly as far as my regard.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Well said shack. :cheers :cheers

See Steve, if you said something like this, you probably don't get ripped on. :P

I pretty much said exactly the same thing, I was just the first to have the balls to say it so I got ripped on... no biggie though. Someone's gotta do it... and I do finally get a Soxtalk Award out of it.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
I agree that when a bunch of people say RIP and get all gushy over someone who didnt live a particular good life I find it dumb and dont take part of it. But as far as saying he gawn and he was trash etc. etc., wow are you an ignorant pos.

I think that's name calling.

I'm anything but ignorant in the situation. I'm dead-on about Chris Henry.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
huh? I think people pretty much hit the nail on the head about the Woods situation from the get go. Take a look at the posts in our thread about how it seemed like she smashed the window, domestic dispute etc etc.

Oh, so when Tiger was reportedly hospitalized in an automobile accident on Thanksgiving evening your immediate reaction was that he's been f***ing half the single women in America?

Well, pardon me, you're quite the omniscient SOB.

I wish this guy didnt have kids. I dont go around making jokes about stuff like this but a lot of the stuff I hear during the day does draw reactions from me. I had some guy today telling me it made him realize how short life can be and to live it to the fullest. Chris Henry was a genuine piece of s*** as a human being. Whether its sexual assault, weapons, drugs or trying to break into the back of a moving truck because he is going after his girlfriend the guy has proven time and time again what kind of person he is. That being said, Im not happy he died, I didnt wish anything bad on him and I think its terrible it happened its better him than his girlfriend, a pedestrian getting ran over or anyone else who has contributed anything to humanity. So now when people bring it up I just say, couldnt happen to a nicer guy...

Ok.

Now this is a decent post. I can roll with this. "He gawn?" Sorry, you just look like a dumbass with a comment like that. It's just so easy for regular people like us (I.E. no matter what we do, good or bad, it's not going to be out there for the whole world to know) to get on Chris Henry, or any public figure for that matter. Now me, I don't come from a family of Mr. Rogers clones. I know some good people that have done some f***ed up s***. And it wasn't just a one-time occurrence either. s***, I've done some f***ed up s***. I've never raped or assaulted a female or whatever, but let's just say I'm glad I'm not famous. Because I wouldn't want the world to know about all the skeletons I've got in my closet. There's no comin' back from death. When you die, that's it. And that's always sad, IMO. In Chris's case, he seemed to be turning his life around. At least that's what I've read from numerous people that knew him, Marvin Lewis and his teammates. When somebody as obnoxious as Ocho Cinco is crying in front of the whole world, that leads me to believe the guy probably wasn't Hitler reincarnated. He was all of 26 (my age by the way). So there was plenty of time for 'redemption.'

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
And you knew him then?

I'm not about to call Henry a saint, but I'm not about to say good riddance, see ya asshole. He might have been this or that but I don't f***ing know so I'm not going to make an ignorant comment on the situation.

No that you did Rock, I pretty much agree 100% with your post.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
I think that's name calling.

I'm anything but ignorant in the situation. I'm dead-on about Chris Henry.

Meh you really turned the douche factor up to 10 on those posts and the replies reflect it, that's why you haven't heard anything from me. If you had chosen to write it differently then people would've responded differently, but you didn't and they aren't.