Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
DEA agents went into an apartment across the alley from me with guns drawn this morning. 2 girls left in handcuffs.

You aren't dating either of them, are you? ;)

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Just ordered one online b/c they were sold out everywhere here. I'm supposed to get it in 2-4 business days. Can't wait to get it! I'll report back on what I think...

My Evo is so freaking awesome! It far exceeded my expectations, but then again I've never had a smart phone so maybe I'm just so amazed still at all of its capabilities.

Any english majors out there? I'm currently filling out an application to work in another country *yikes* and they ask this question.

Younger generation knows best, agree or disagree? (not less than 5 but not more than 10 senteces) Can anyone help me with this? I would like to make sure the level of english is superior.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Do you agree or disagree?

Is youth and energy superior to age and experience?

I would say I disagree because knowledge comes down to education and experience. Older generations has the experience but needs to stay updated on modern technology etc to 'stay in business'. Younger generation, while having the most recent educations might sometimes lack in experience needed to resolve an issue.

Something along these lines.

My suggestion would be to write a few sentences on how you value the older generation more than the younger generation because of their experience. But, being a member of the younger generation, you'd like to think that you have value as well because of new ideas and perspectives as well as more knowledge of modern technology.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
Age and experience has taught me that youth and energy need to write their own papers so that they can gain experience. ;)

I probably did come off as a lazy bum. But was looking at anyone else experience with these kind of questions.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
Leaving in about two hours for vacation in Hatteras, N.C. (I'm driving the third shift is why I'm awake.) Stopping in D.C. on the way back to catch Sox-Nationals. See you all in about ten days!

*waves at computer screen* Bye Kevin!

I'm reading Lies my Teacher Told Me. Fascinating book. I'm not even 1/3 of the way through it yet and it's already clear that the history we get taught up until college is a dumbed down, sanitized, and sometimes almost completely fabricated version.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)
I'm reading Lies my Teacher Told Me. Fascinating book. I'm not even 1/3 of the way through it yet and it's already clear that the history we get taught up until college is a dumbed down, sanitized, and sometimes almost completely fabricated version.

I wrote an 11th grade term paper on that for History class.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Oh sure, drop this lttle nugget the day I planned on starting my diet. Guess it starts tomorrow.

I think I've had 7 of them over the past week and a half. I've been ordering them large with extra cookies. I'm the one that needs to go on a diet.

My stepdaughter lost her key for about the 5th time (meaning she's lost 5 keys, not that she lost one 5 times). She lost her own key, the spare, my wife's key, and 2 keys before that. I don't understand how she keeps doing that because I've lost exactly ZERO keys in my entire life, the first couple of times I let it slide with a lecture, the 3rd time I didn't find out until she had already lost the spare and my wife's key (why my wife didn't tell me this is anyone's guess but that's another issue). Oh but guess how many times she's lost her cellphone? If your answer is the same as the number of times I lost my keys in my life, you are correct...

Anyway, because I needed to give her a virtual slap in the face and didn't feel like taking her cellphone away yet, I went to McDonald's and got ice cream and fruit parfaits for everyone but her. She asked why I did that and I said "Oh, you don't know yet but you decided to give me the money for the sundae so I could buy a new key. Lose this one and you lose your phone too since you obviously aren't responsible enough to have it." Yeah that was kind of mean but her ass needs to learn.

Harsh!

I have never been a parent (biologically or through marriage), but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

How old is she, Keith?

Excluding children from desserts or special occasions like that is pretty rough in my opinion. I always thought it sucked too when a punishment is applied for something like that without the warning in advance ("Next time you lose your key, you won't get dessert for a month...").

Maybe you could tell her the next time she loses her key she has to clean all the bathrooms in the house? Or some other equally unenjoyable task...

My dad would have probably told me next time I lose it I'd just have to sleep in the yard til I found it again...:)