Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

The day my wife and I got married she handed over all of her finances (bills, loans, bank accounts) and said "you take care of them. I dont want anything to do with this anymore."

Now, ironically, she get very pissed when I say "We cant afford this right now" or "no, you cant be a stay at home mom, we cant afford to do that"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I both keep track of the finances, she pays most of the monthly bills and I handle the mortgage, the taxes, and the savings. It plays to our individual strengths and allows our finances to be addressed very well. Splitting up responsibility also allows for the two of us to have a great handle on the entire financial picture so there is no communication gap.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
My wife and I both keep track of the finances, she pays most of the monthly bills and I handle the mortgage, the taxes, and the savings. It plays to our individual strengths and allows our finances to be addressed very well. Splitting up responsibility also allows for the two of us to have a great handle on the entire financial picture so there is no communication gap.

That's the idea but she f***s up the simplest things and I don't want to confiscate her whole check and start paying it all myself and putting her on an allowance but I might have to if she can't get it together. We're talking about the woman who backed into a parked taxi on the day we got married. (She doesn't read Soxtalk so I can talk as much s*** as I want)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
That's the idea but she f***s up the simplest things and I don't want to confiscate her whole check and start paying it all myself and putting her on an allowance but I might have to if she can't get it together. We're talking about the woman who backed into a parked taxi on the day we got married. (She doesn't read Soxtalk so I can talk as much s*** as I want)

Had you met this woman prior to the wedding?

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
Had you met this woman prior to the wedding?

lol. Yes. I knew she had made some bad money decisions before she met me but I thought I thought by now, along with some financial stability I would've taught her basic competence. It's more work than I thought.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
lol. Yes. I knew she had made some bad money decisions before she met me but I thought I thought by now, along with some financial stability I would've taught her basic competence. It's more work than I thought.

Here's what I have learned about women: there are some things that they don't want to learn. For each it could be something different, but it's something. Men will try to figure something out until we either learn it, or are forced to quit.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
I feel like a creeper this first week of class, trying to make sure I sit next the the only hot girl in my history classes.

what school do you go to that there's only one hot chick in a class? I know I was fortunate to go to Elmhurst with something like a 6 to 1 female/male ratio, but what school has one hot chick per class?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
So then is that Heavy Fuel Crew reunion with Mac and Boers this afternoon?

Yes.

And Bernstein and Speigal is bad only because Spiegal doesn't let Bernstein say whatever he wants.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
Yes.

And Bernstein and Speigal is bad only because Spiegal doesn't let Bernstein say whatever he wants.

I'm looking forward to Heavy Fuel Crew.

That may be why they're bad, but it's flat out awful. I'll give them a touch of slack only because chemistry is obviously important in a good radio show, but stuff like "what is visually appealing to you in baseball" for a 1/2 hour and playing a recorded old joke for 3 minutes is just a sampling of the badness.