Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

Don't you just hate it when you are out of work for longer than a couple of days, and you divide/delegate the things you are normally responsible for among your co-workers in a relatively simple way, and you come back and they either haven't bothered to do it or they've f***ed everything up?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the world would pay that much money for a crappy diploma from that school?

A Purdue University diploma can be yours for $36,000 -- plus shipping and handling.

But this bachelor's degree in psychology won't have your name inscribed on it. Instead, it will be Nick Enlow's.

The 2008 Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis graduate is trying to hawk his diploma on eBay this week in hopes of paying off a student loan debt -- and as a warning to would-be college students.

"Going to college made my life worse," Enlow said Wednesday from near Jacksonville, Fla., where he lives. "That is something that I don't keep to myself. I tell everyone."

His line of thinking isn't the kind that Purdue officials find amusing, nor are they too keen on the auction itself.

But Enlow, 29, said he considers himself stuck in indentured servitude to Sallie Mae, his lender, because he is unable to get a decent-paying job with his current degrees to start paying a $470 monthly student loan bill. In addition to the Purdue diploma, he obtained a philosophy degree from IU through IUPUI. That one is not for sale.

Dude, just for allowing me to read that last line I'll chip in $10. Take donations somewhere.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:36 AM)
Shocker: philosophy and psychology bachelors degrees don't get you good jobs.

I would figure alot of psychology grads start their own offices. Just a guess.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
I would figure alot of psychology grads start their own offices. Just a guess.

You need a Master's in most states. The degree opens a few business doors in sales and marketing, sometimes in HR. Not a lot of direct school to jobhs links.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
Have you lived anywhere that you were on the west slopes of a large mountain range?

Well, the San Bernadinos and the Sierra Nevada, but those systems are still dominated by the presence of the Pacific Ocean.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
That's a damn big sinkhole.

Makes me wonder why we didn't see anything like that after what happened in Haiti.

Producing a sinkhole like that requires a certain type of underlying rock and certain conditions for a long time.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Are you certain?

Yes. If you really cared I could have prattled on about Karst development, groundwater acidity, and dissolution timescales. I just figured I was better off pointing out the variables necessary and leaving them at that.