Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
A. Where does that hole go?

B. How does one fill that?

A hole like that is produced by dissolution of the rocks below the surface over time, usually by flowing groundwater. It likely goes down and enters into a cave system, which may be just a small crack at some point.

You can't exactly fill it completely, but you start dumping in rock, starting with coarse grains and then fining upwards, to rebuild the ground. With one that big, I wouldn't be surprised if dynamiting the sides to cause a cave-in was necessary.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
A hole like that is produced by dissolution of the rocks below the surface over time, usually by flowing groundwater. It likely goes down and enters into a cave system, which may be just a small crack at some point.

You can't exactly fill it completely, but you start dumping in rock, starting with coarse grains and then fining upwards, to rebuild the ground. With one that big, I wouldn't be surprised if dynamiting the sides to cause a cave-in was necessary.

Semi serious question-

Can we just leave it because it looks cool?

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
Semi serious question-

Can we just leave it because it looks cool?

It's probably likely to grow with time if unrepaired, so it'll look less cool, and there's a fair number of, you know, other structures in that area. You certainly "Could" leave it, but you have to live with consequences.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
anyone pick up an Evo today?

Just ordered one online b/c they were sold out everywhere here. I'm supposed to get it in 2-4 business days. Can't wait to get it! I'll report back on what I think...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 01:50 AM)
Overconsumption of alcohol on Saturday night + body pushing 30 = Sunday being a lostday

That is the Lords day...dont claim it to be your own you heathen.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 01:50 AM)
I've been absolutely exhausted since about 2 o'clock this afternoon and haven't been able to sleep for even a little bit. Life sucks.

No s***...

How about finding out my ex-girlfriend (who I was in the process of getting back together with) hooked up with one of my roommates a month ago? f***ing broke my heart... And then I really f***ed up my shoulder in a lacrosse game last night and can hardly move it - going to doctor today to see what's wrong with it. Talk about a s***ty Sunday.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Surprised it hasnt been mentioned at all, but I'm sure everyone's heard about Joran van der Sloot or whatever. Anyways, apparently he confessed to the latest murder he's been accused of this morning.

I dotn know why, but my dad seemed to think (when she first went missing) that Halloway was sold into sex slavery. NO idea where he heard/read that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
I dotn know why, but my dad seemed to think (when she first went missing) that Halloway was sold into sex slavery. NO idea where he heard/read that.

Well that dutch undercover reporter guy apparently accused him of trying to find girls in Thailand for the very same purpose a year or so ago.