Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

She is 13, and definitely old enough to know better. I only did that because she obviously wasn't listening before. When she loses her key she tries to lie about it and leaves the door unlocked/tries to substitute it with the screen door etc. I think she got the point this time. I did tell her if she loses this key, she loses the phone (which like I said she seems to have no problem keeping track of).

She didn't have any money, but a new key cost about the same as a sundae, so...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
She is 13, and definitely old enough to know better. I only did that because she obviously wasn't listening before. When she loses her key she tries to lie about it and leaves the door unlocked/tries to substitute it with the screen door etc. I think she got the point this time. I did tell her if she loses this key, she loses the phone (which like I said she seems to have no problem keeping track of).

Oh, ok, I didn't realize she was that old.

Yeah, 13 is old enough to know better. I was picturing her being 9 or something.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Oh, ok, I didn't realize she was that old.

Yeah, 13 is old enough to know better. I was picturing her being 9 or something.

No, that would just be cruel. lol.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)

Tell her next time she's going to get a drillhole through the center of the phone with a keychain put through it. Then maybe she won't lose it.

I'm going to be such an asshole when my kids get older and understand that their actions have equal and unjustified reactions. :lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Tell her next time she's going to get a drillhole through the center of the phone with a keychain put through it. Then maybe she won't lose it.

I'm going to be such an asshole when my kids get older and understand that their actions have equal and unjustified reactions. :lol:

Wait, you are going to get worse?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)

lol. If I didn't still have to pay the bill on that phone I would...

I know there's a few people that are really good bowlers on this site, so I thought I'd share: Started my first bowling league since I was 12, have a 176 average after the first week. Hoping to consistently be in the 190's by the end of the year. I forgot how much fun that game can be.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Harsh!

I have never been a parent (biologically or through marriage), but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

How old is she, Keith?

Excluding children from desserts or special occasions like that is pretty rough in my opinion. I always thought it sucked too when a punishment is applied for something like that without the warning in advance ("Next time you lose your key, you won't get dessert for a month...").

Maybe you could tell her the next time she loses her key she has to clean all the bathrooms in the house? Or some other equally unenjoyable task...

My dad would have probably told me next time I lose it I'd just have to sleep in the yard til I found it again...:)

Harsh? My ass. Seriously, it's "harsh" to not give someone a sundae after they've lost five keys? That's harsh? Like lost, I've never lost a key in my entire life. And if I lost five of them, my dad would've justifiably cracked me.

Kids are assholes these days because there is no accountability. They can f*** up all they want, break rules left and right, and the worst that would happen is a five minute timeout (which probably won't get enforced either way).

When I was a senior in high school, some spoiled little sissy started a food fight at lunch. One of the teachers in the cafeteria at the time started yelling for everyone to stop, and this same douchebag throws food off of him. The teacher grabs the kid by the collar and holds him against the wall. The next thing you know, the teacher is gone because mommy and daddy complained that their little brat was abused. That same punk was walking down the hall later that week, and another senior punched him right in the mouth in the hallway. He didn't start anything the rest of his time at school.

Sometimes a kid needs a crack upside the head. I'm aware that lost's story is entirely different, but I just like remembering that story.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Harsh? My ass. Seriously, it's "harsh" to not give someone a sundae after they've lost five keys? That's harsh? Like lost, I've never lost a key in my entire life. And if I lost five of them, my dad would've justifiably cracked me.

Kids are assholes these days because there is no accountability. They can f*** up all they want, break rules left and right, and the worst that would happen is a five minute timeout (which probably won't get enforced either way).

When I was a senior in high school, some spoiled little sissy started a food fight at lunch. One of the teachers in the cafeteria at the time started yelling for everyone to stop, and this same douchebag throws food off of him. The teacher grabs the kid by the collar and holds him against the wall. The next thing you know, the teacher is gone because mommy and daddy complained that their little brat was abused. That same punk was walking down the hall later that week, and another senior punched him right in the mouth in the hallway. He didn't start anything the rest of his time at school.

Sometimes a kid needs a crack upside the head. I'm aware that lost's story is entirely different, but I just like remembering that story.

Because kids these days need to know that violence is always the solution to their problems.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Because kids these days need to know that violence is always the solution to their problems.

I think the violence in the story is a little extreme, but physical enforcement will make people in general think twice about doing something that is wrong. I knew to listen to my parents because I didn't like getting yelled at or having my ass swatted (never hard enough to cause considerable pain, but hard enough to hurt for about 5 minutes).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
I think the violence in the story is a little extreme, but physical enforcement will make people in general think twice about doing something that is wrong. I knew to listen to my parents because I didn't like getting yelled at or having my ass swatted (never hard enough to cause considerable pain, but hard enough to hurt for about 5 minutes).

That's the issue, though. The goal is to teach kids a sense of right and wrong. You want them to understand that what they did is wrong and why it was wrong, not how to avoid consequences.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Kids don't have a fully formed brain that has a true sense of right and wrong. No one gets that until they are older. Some never do.

I knew what was right and wrong at probably around age ten, and definitely by the time I was in high school.

And I really don't think it is extreme for a kid to get punched in the face by another student for getting a well-liked teacher of over two decades fired.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I'm not very good either. I just like to go out and play.

Same here... I played for the 1st time last weekend and had a blast even if I was inconsistent. Made me want to get out there ASAP, but work really gets in the way of those plans, huh? I typically shoot around 100, which is not good but not terrible either. I did birdie a Par 4, though, because of a nasty 150 yard shot over trees (my drive went into another fairway, haha) that landed about 10 feet from the pin. Then I putted in for birdie.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
So now we know who SHIPPS really is...

juan_valdez.gif

If you are hinting that I am some kind of drug lord you would be way off. That is absurd...a drug lord? A guy who sells drugs?...crazy talk...drugs?....sell them with my pancho and fedora hat?...

mean if I was a drug lord I wouldnt wear that silly pancho....I do need to buy me a hat like that though.