Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
Nothing beats grinding your own coffee bean and fresh brewing it every morning. f*** Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.

Don't put Dunkin Donuts in the same category as Starbucks. Dunkin is cheaper and way better.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
I know there's a few people that are really good bowlers on this site, so I thought I'd share: Started my first bowling league since I was 12, have a 176 average after the first week. Hoping to consistently be in the 190's by the end of the year. I forgot how much fun that game can be.

I luv bowling. My problem when I came back after a long layoff is that I would usually bowl really good the first couple of weeks so that my average would end up being unsubstainably high. More than once I started a season with an average in the 200's and by the end of the year it would drop down the to high 190's.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Kids don't have a fully formed brain that has a true sense of right and wrong. No one gets that until they are older. Some never do.

Most kids have sense of right and wrong. They just think that they'll never get caught.

Thinking back to when I was a kid and all the crap I got away with, more often than not, they are right.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
:lolhitting is the old lady okay with that?

I e-mailed it to her at work and she replied with this:

"si vous me recevez mouillé"

(Google translate is your friend)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
And I really don't think it is extreme for a kid to get punched in the face by another student for getting a well-liked teacher of over two decades fired.

I remember when I was in Jr High there were fights all the time.. in the halls, or at lunch.. they got broken up and the kids got detention..

Now a days if you PUSH someone you get suspended, or expelled, or even charges pressed against you..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
I remember when I was in Jr High there were fights all the time.. in the halls, or at lunch.. they got broken up and the kids got detention..

Now a days if you PUSH someone you get suspended, or expelled, or even charges pressed against you..

Pussification of America.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
Same here... I played for the 1st time last weekend and had a blast even if I was inconsistent. Made me want to get out there ASAP, but work really gets in the way of those plans, huh? I typically shoot around 100, which is not good but not terrible either. I did birdie a Par 4, though, because of a nasty 150 yard shot over trees (my drive went into another fairway, haha) that landed about 10 feet from the pin. Then I putted in for birdie.

I see you got the lying about your score thing down. :)

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Going to Starved Rock this weekend. Never been there I hope its fun. Wanna see me the beauty of mother nature.

I enjoyed it a lot when I went. Pretty cool place.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
I hope she thought it was a toaster oven. Otherwise, I have no idea why she would've been touching it.

It was one of the original models from 2005, before the hardware changes. It fought valiantly for nearly 4 years. It was fine for the whole time that *I* was using it but recently she's been watching Twilight every night, and falling asleep on it and leaving it on all night. I've told her multiple times not to do this, and why. Well now she knows.

On the bright side, it's an excuse to get a newer one.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
It was one of the original models from 2005, before the hardware changes. It fought valiantly for nearly 4 years. It was fine for the whole time that *I* was using it but recently she's been watching Twilight every night, and falling asleep on it and leaving it on all night. I've told her multiple times not to do this, and why. Well now she knows.

On the bright side, it's an excuse to get a newer one.

Just for future reference, there is an option that you can turn on that will automatically shut off your XBOX when it has been idle for 6 hours.. I think its 6, but either way it will shut it off automatically so you don't have happen what has happened to you..

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2178088:date=Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM:name=lostfan)-->
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
<!--quotec-->I think my wife killed my Xbox. Nice.

I thought of this when I read your post. NSFW

I honestly don't know how I would handle that if it happened to me..

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:48 AM)
I bet that "lose your s***" would be in the top 2 or 3.

i might be too stunned to lose it immediately, but yes that would be up there..

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2178088:date=Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM:name=lostfan)-->
QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
<!--quotec-->I think my wife killed my Xbox. Nice.

I thought of this when I read your post. NSFW

That was weak. Pick it and and throw it down and few more times the golf club was doing nothing.