Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
So I'm being dragged to James Taylor tonight, and it was almost entirely my own fault. My boss asked me last week what I was doing for the 4th and said we had no plans. She was flabbergasted and said my fiance and I had to go to this concert venue in the Berkshires called Tanglewood. The Boston Symphony plays there all summer because Boston's rich folk summer in the Berkshires.

Anyway, the venue is outdoors and we bring our own beverages and food so I'm thinking this should be something nice for her. So I look online and it says James Taylor is playing and tickets are $22. I'm thinking, I hate James Taylor but she loves him, and at $22 who can go wrong?

So I tell my fiance and she gets super excited. Unfortunately, the concert is actually sold out, but tickets are available on Stubhub for $75 a pop. D'oh. More than we should be spending with a wedding coming up. At this point, however, I had no choice.

So now we are paying $150+ to go see a concert that I'm going to hate. BUT I get to bring wine, beer and food. And there are fireworks. So it can't be all bad. And it's going to be beautiful weather here tonight.

I know he's old as dirt but it happens. I'm sure it will be a good show and you'll find out you hate him less than you think you do.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
So I'm being dragged to James Taylor tonight, and it was almost entirely my own fault. My boss asked me last week what I was doing for the 4th and said we had no plans. She was flabbergasted and said my fiance and I had to go to this concert venue in the Berkshires called Tanglewood. The Boston Symphony plays there all summer because Boston's rich folk summer in the Berkshires.

Anyway, the venue is outdoors and we bring our own beverages and food so I'm thinking this should be something nice for her. So I look online and it says James Taylor is playing and tickets are $22. I'm thinking, I hate James Taylor but she loves him, and at $22 who can go wrong?

So I tell my fiance and she gets super excited. Unfortunately, the concert is actually sold out, but tickets are available on Stubhub for $75 a pop. D'oh. More than we should be spending with a wedding coming up. At this point, however, I had no choice.

So now we are paying $150+ to go see a concert that I'm going to hate. BUT I get to bring wine, beer and food. And there are fireworks. So it can't be all bad. And it's going to be beautiful weather here tonight.

You'll have fun...James Taylor will be plenty good live on a Sunday night.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I know he's old as dirt but it happens. I'm sure it will be a good show and you'll find out you hate him less than you think you do.

The ladies like James Taylor, ergo you like James Taylor...

The James Taylor concert was interesting. The music was exactly what I expected. What I didn't plan for were the old as dirt hippies getting WASTED and stumbling around trying to dance. Nothing more sad than an aging hippy. Also half of them literraly fell asleep during the show or were reading while listening to the music. Meanwhile, the setting was beautiful and the weather was perfect. An experience to be sure.

I accidentally yelled at a retarded kid when I was lighting fireworks yesterday. He kept digging in my bag and mixing s*** and bringing them to me and insisting I light them after the adults repeatedly told them to stop (like all the other kids were doing) and he happened to be the next one that stepped over the line. I had no idea, but damn did I feel s***ty. lol. On the bright side I guess, I don't think he actually comprehended the fact that I was mad because I wasn't really yelling and he sounded confused but I had to tell him "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell" anyway and explain why I didn't want them touching that s***.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
I actually went to a backstreet boys concert at ravinia a few weeks ago. As terrible as the music was, I actually had a fantastic time. If you can bring your own alcohol, food and are outside on a nice night you can usually manage to have a good time.

Well, reading this made me feel better about the worst concert i've ever been to being Dave Matthews Band. So thank you. :headbang

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)
summerfest is so much better than the taste of chicago, holy crap

So true. I went to summerfest for the first time several years ago, haven't been to the taste since. Although I never was much a fan of the taste anyways. But summerfest is definitely awesome.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:01 AM)
Waiting for our CFO to show up from his long weekend so I can tender my resignation. Been here for 7 years, kind of sad to leave. The 25 year old soon to be king demon seed of the owner however reinforces my reason to leave.

Have you already decided where you are going next?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
Have you already decided where you are going next?

Yes I start my new job on the 19th. I have had several standing job offers from a few companies over the years. I was lucky enough just to have to let people know that I would be in the market for a move before I had a few competing offers. I can't stress enough the power of personal networking when you are in your career. It can help you in a pinch. I actually got a small raise moving to this new company as well.

I will be working on the consulting side of things now. Which is a different walk of live than what I have been doing for the last 7 years.

After a couple of months of unemployment, I might finally be getting a damned job in my industry. Still not completely certain, but I've been in touch with my old bosses during a part-time internship and it sounds like I might be heading back for a full-time position. Now the waiting game begins...

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Yes I start my new job on the 19th. I have had several standing job offers from a few companies over the years. I was lucky enough just to have to let people know that I would be in the market for a move before I had a few competing offers. I can't stress enough the power of personal networking when you are in your career. It can help you in a pinch. I actually got a small raise moving to this new company as well.

I will be working on the consulting side of things now. Which is a different walk of live than what I have been doing for the last 7 years.

I imagine all the Cubs fans at your former office will be relieved to find out that they can now order opening day tickets again.

Good luck with the move, it's good to hear that you're going to be making more money in the transition too.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
LMAO, Lindsey Lohan to serve 90 days in jail for violating probation.

What does that equate to in LA, 13 minutes and 10 seconds?

I was at the gym this morning, and they had Dan Abrams on as their "legal analyst", discussing the case. That guy (Abrams) is the perfect example of faux intelligence on television. He's a guy who is clearly a box of rocks, but thinks he's a genius. Anyway, he was explaining how this was clearly a very stiff penalty (she got 30 days in jail, 90 in forced rehab), for violating probation she got probation for a DUI, no jail time originally). Basically he said this was "celebrity justice" in that she got overpenalized. LOL, OK - she got out of a DUI, as a previous offender, with NO JAIL time, then violated probation... and 30 days in jail is overzealous?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
I was at the gym this morning, and they had Dan Abrams on as their "legal analyst", discussing the case. That guy (Abrams) is the perfect example of faux intelligence on television. He's a guy who is clearly a box of rocks, but thinks he's a genius. Anyway, he was explaining how this was clearly a very stiff penalty (she got 30 days in jail, 90 in forced rehab), for violating probation she got probation for a DUI, no jail time originally). Basically he said this was "celebrity justice" in that she got overpenalized. LOL, OK - she got out of a DUI, as a previous offender, with NO JAIL time, then violated probation... and 30 days in jail is overzealous?

Abrahms very commonly gets the law wrong. Law cannot be discussed in 30 seconds and get anything intelligent out, so he just says something.

Well lets run down the list of what Lindsay did. a DUI, also under the influence of Coke. A month later, a DUI, also under the influence of coke, in a stolen vehicle, reckless driving(trying to hit a girls car she didnt like). not to mention in the first DUI she lied to the cops and said she was the passenger, and then ADMITTED SHE LIED. And then she went and stole 17 grand worth of clothes from a designer store in LA. Oh, and she completely ignored all of the alcohol classes she had to take once a week.

Now tell me, is she getting off easy, or is this a stiff celebrity punishment. If you or I did this, wouldnt you do a backflip if they told you all you got was 90 days?