Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
So my Saturday night consisted of going out to eat at the Olive Garden, going to see a movie and buying myself a 6 pack of good beer to go home and drink. I think this officially makes me old.

only old if you fell asleep on the couch after drinking 1.

So my Saturday night consisted of going out to eat at the Olive Garden, going to see a movie and buying myself a 6 pack of good beer to go home and drink. I think this officially makes me old.

You're on the right track, but not quite there

Did you enjoy "Morning Glory"?

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I think part of the problem is that she is a first time dog owner and got a massively expensive pug puppy (which, frankly, pisses me off as the owner of two rescues). She did basically no research into the breed (and if she had she would find that they are impossible to train, difficult to housebreak and a walking health problem). And, judging from the dogs behavior, she does no training with it.

Ugh. I feel so dumb for saying I would do this. But I think, generally, when you ask someone a favor like this it is implicit that the dog is housebroken and knows basic manners. I am not saying my dogs are perfect--but they are housebroken and understand house rules.

I just feel so bad for my poor monster dogs. The big dumb lab mix is absolutely traumatized.

I am just hoping that the reason the dog is eating its business ISN'T because it has worms. Because if it gives my girls worms I am going to have someone's head.

Lack of training and house-breaking is usually on the owner, not the dog. Pugs are actually pretty smart.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I dislike Chase.

I have my savings there but my wife and I checking account is with Bank of America. Now those guys I love. There ATM's are more advanced IMO and way more freindly staff. Plus we opened a "keep the change" savings account there. Every time we use our debit, if there is any change left over til the next dollar it goes directly into the savings account and they match it for the first three months. And then they match 5% after that. But its money we dont miss and it accumulates really quickly.

We just recently opened a Chase account simply because they have branches in both Rockford and Chicago. We love their ATMs because we've never had one that we could deposit checks into before.

I've never had to pay any fees for anything either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
As soon as I have a more permanent position, I'm switching everything to either a community/local bank or to a local credit union. BofA has a nice online banking system, but that's about the only positive thing I can say for them. Their customer service has been a mess every time I've needed to deal with it. Those ATM's love eating my checks/cash without counting them. Their interest rates are through the floor, and they'll tack on a fee/fine for everything they can.

I love how banks will advertise a "competitive" interest rate only to see it's absolutely dismal compared to other banks. My brother now goes to a local credit union, he gets a much better interest rate, great customer service, and reimbursed for ATM fees everywhere.

I just opened a Schwab checking account because when I'm abroad it covers all ATM fees, which is huge for me.

I believe it is compared to what your tax basis is in the home at the point of sale. That is if you are talking about a tax loss.

If you are talking about a financial loss, you'd have loss on the sale of your home and than you'd have losses associated with financing in theory and technically if you sell your home for less than you owe, than you actually have a gain related to debt forgiveness.