Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
So does anyone out there have, or have had, a TrailBlazer or a Vue? Let's hear comments if you have!

Our family got rid of our TrailBlazer for a Traverse about 2 years ago because of several of the same issues Knight mentioned. The Traverse is much better all around.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
So does anyone out there have, or have had, a TrailBlazer or a Vue? Let's hear comments if you have!

Owned a Vue, I think it was a 2004, but it was the version that had the Honda-built Red Line V6 engine in it. Overall we liked it a lot. It was surprisingly fast and quick for a decent sized SUV, that 260 hp engine was made for larger SUV's so it got off the line in a hurry (but make sure you have a good grip on the wheel if you gun it to pass on the highway, it torque-steers a little bit). Space was great, it was very reliable, came equiped with some nice features and the standard tires were above average. Ours was AWD too, that was good in Chicago.

Bad parts - lousy mileage (we averaged like 17-19), and the interior components were plastic-y and a little chintzy/easy to break. And one other thing endemic to pretty much all Saturn products - interior noise is too high, which gets annoying. Otherwise we liked it a lot.

Ended up replacing it with a Ford Escape Hybrid, which is slower and a little smaller, but better build quality and way, way better mileage (average about 31 mpg).

It looks like Jason culled all of the old threads in November, so I'll dump this here:

The Large Hadron Collider (CERN) hasn't been producing the micro black holes some were fearing would devour the Earth. And that is presenting problems for string theory.

The results continue to pour out of the Large Hadron Collider’s first production run. This week, the folks behind the CMS, or compact muon solenoid, detector have announced the submission of a paper to Physics Letters that describes a test of some forms of string theory. If this form of the theory were right, the LHC should have been able to produce small black holes that would instantly decay (and not, as some had feared, devour the Earth). But a look at the data obtained by CMS shows that a signature of the black holes’ decay is notably absent

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/12/...-string-theory/

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
TGIF! Well, at least for me this is Friday. Get Thursday and Friday off this week and next week as well.

Only thing that sucks is I don't get paid for those 4 days. Gonna be a really small paycheck in a couple weeks.

I, too have this Thursday and Friday off. Today is my final work day of 2010.

I, however, do get paid. :D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
I, too have this Thursday and Friday off. Today is my final work day of 2010.

I, however, do get paid. :D

My final day is tomorrow. I have all of next week off and I get paid as well. I'll probably log in from home a couple of times and work for a few hours next week. Which I have no problem with because I'll get overtime for it. :D

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Any tips to get a 7 month old puppy to stop nipping? Trying everything. Adult teeth have been in awhile. Frustrating.

Get a cheap spray bottle from Wal-Mart or Target and everytime it happens spray water in the face. It works on dogs and even cats to get them to stop doing s***.

But it works better on dogs.