2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
I am thinking that the White Sox may have an agreement with Dye for a few million if he does not find work elsewhere to his liking not sure why it just feels that way.

As long as Dye doesn't play the field, I'm perfectly fine with getting him back to DH. I'd rather have him than Kotsay or Vizquel.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was IM'ing a friend this morning who's a Cub fan and I came up with my prediction for Alfonso Soriano's 2010 season, as told by Lou Piniella:

(feel free to add your own Foghorn Leghorn-style stuttering)

"Fonzie's finally healthy and we predict good things out of him this year"........

"well, Fonzie tweaked his hammy, we don't think it's anything serious".......

"we're hoping Fonzie can do light workouts pretty soon - we like the job Sammy Fuld has done for us filling in for Soriano, but we're looking forward to Fonzie coming back and doing what he does".......

"it's been a slow process for Fonzie, he's battling, but the leg is still a problem for him".......

"we're gonna shut Fonzie down, now that we're eliminated - let's get him healthy, let him do his winter routine and he'll be back at it strong in 2011!"

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
The Cubs should have looked into getting an actual 2b and some serviceable innings eaters to replace Harden and Lilly (for the moment), instead, i'll just sit back and enjoy the inevitable debacle that's sure to follow.

although Cubs fans are under the impression that Ricketts is just going to have an open checkbook the Cubs could basically only add money that they got rid of, especially considering they had a bunch of guys who got raises through arb or avoiding arb.

More horses*** from the Cubs:

First chance to buy 2010 Cubs tickets!

The Inaugural MasterCard ® First Chance Pre-Sale offers Chicago Cubs fans the first opportunity to purchase individual tickets at a premium for all Cubs home games, including Opening Day, in advance of the February 19th on-sale date.

Starting Monday, February 15th at 10am CT, fans will have first access to all Chicago Cubs 2010 regular season home games by going to Cubs.com and paying a 20% premium on the face value of the ticket. However, if you use a MasterCard card during this Pre-Sale promotion you will save 5% on the pre-sale price. In addition, you will receive a 20% discount on your next purchase with your MasterCard at the Cubs.com Shop when you enter this code (CHC20FEB) and use your MasterCard card.

This access to purchase tickets in advance of the on-sale date will be available through Thursday, February 18 at 12 pm CT. Act quickly, as there will be a limited number of tickets made available to every regular season home game for the MasterCard First Chance Pre-Sale.

Be sure to go to Cubs.com starting February 15th at 10 a.m. CT to secure your tickets for the 2010 season.

Cubs fans must be thrilled that they got rid of their "corporate" owner and now have a family of Cubs fans running the show. They already sold tickets straight to ticket brokers and now they are actually scalping their own tickets straight up. A great message from the Ricketts: If you are a rich Cubs fan, we want to make sure you have the chance to buy tickets before all the other common folk. :lolhitting

I decided to do the 20% presale on one "bronze level" game, just because I always try to go to each park at least once each season. I got infield terrace reserved seats for basically the same price as they'd cost for a "silver level" game, so I'm okay with it. Take a vacation day in the middle of May for a ballgame with my wife and daughter? That'll work.