2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Before he came up, they had talked about the high amount of errors he was making in the minors. I think he has really great range and can make some unbelievable plays, but is prone to simple errors.

Kinda like the shortstop across town.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sircaffey @ May 11, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
Ehh...When he turned 20 he was in the mist of a season in which he committed 32 errors, so I wouldn't say he was refined at that moment.

Wow! I believe if your major deficiency is defensive to begin with, all of the instruction in the world will not change that at the minor league level.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
Wow! I believe if your major deficiency is defensive to begin with, all of the instruction in the world will not change that at the minor league level.

This is just not the case. Joe Crede made a lot of errors in his minor league career, and Robin Ventura did the same, as I recall. They both developed into elite defenders. Dude is 20 with loads of talent, so he has a very good chance of improving defensively. Defenders aren't "born".

Well, Starlin's replacement is already in the works:

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/05/10/full-sc...-ju-lee/?synd=1

In this article, Hak-Ju Lee is compared to the Mets Jose Reyes. His biggest weakness is hitting, but he's got great speed and defense. He's touted as being a future gold glover, but hey, it's not like we haven't been lied to before...lol.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
In 8.2 IP as a reliever his numbers look like this: 1.96 WHIP 6.23 ERA, 6 inherited runners/ 3 scored. Awful.

He's going to blow up to the media, in the clubhouse, or both in the not too distant future if this idiotic experiment isn't ended soon. Not that he was much better as a starter though. I'd imagine Gorzelanny will be headed to the bullpen soon. They don't need another lefty down there (although they could use anybody that can get outs), but he's really the only logical guy to move.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
In 8.2 IP as a reliever his numbers look like this: 1.96 WHIP 6.23 ERA, 6 inherited runners/ 3 scored. Awful.

Doubt it matter but when he starts an inning, he pitches from the stretch off the bat. I would ditch that.

I love McCutchen

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Doubt it matter but when he starts an inning, he pitches from the stretch off the bat. I would ditch that.

I love McCutchen

I thought he or Hanson should've won the ROY last year. He's electric to watch (and really the only reason to watch a Pirates game along with Alvarez when he comes up).

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 14, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
always liked garrett jones

Annnnnd, i sat him on my fantasy team today.

Good thing I played Starlin and DLEE. Garbage.

Its only a matter of time until Zambrano is found beating someone up in the clubhouse, he's going to explode.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
That makes sense on why they sent him to the pen if they were trying to prolong the obvious.

Of course, some pitchers woulnd't react as well to the pen and having only a day or so rest between outings.

Listened to the last inning on AM 720 yesterday. Ron Santo is f***ed! I mean, he has always been goofy and out of it, but he had no idea what was going on. He was trying to quiz Pat on recent Cubs playoff series hits leader, and nobody even knew what the hell he was talking about.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
Listened to the last inning on AM 720 yesterday. Ron Santo is f***ed! I mean, he has always been goofy and out of it, but he had no idea what was going on. He was trying to quiz Pat on recent Cubs playoff series hits leader, and nobody even knew what the hell he was talking about.

I've always said that Pat Hughes deserves twice of whatever they're paying him to carry that numbskull.

Santo is only worth listening to when the Cubs lose an important game. Plus, he's a real asshole, so I never want them to win while he's around.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 15, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
I've always said that Pat Hughes deserves twice of whatever they're paying him to carry that numbskull.

Santo is only worth listening to when the Cubs lose an important game. Plus, he's a real asshole, so I never want them to win while he's around.

It's a damn shame that he has to work with that clown because Pat Hughes is really a hell of an announcer. Unfortunately having to work along side a man with the mind of a 10 year old drags him down a bit.