2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
He is pretty good and gets no love. Will probably always be underrated by most people except die hard fans and Pirate fans.

It's not like he's been tearing apart the league for 3 years with no recognition or anything. He was great in half a season last year at age 28 on an awful team and coming into yesterday's game his OPS for the season was at .750 with 1 HR in his previous 131 PA. He hasn't done nearly enough to earn an outpouring of affection.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
It's not like he's been tearing apart the league for 3 years with no recognition or anything. He was great in half a season last year at age 28 on an awful team and coming into yesterday's game his OPS for the season was at .750 with 1 HR in his previous 131 PA. He hasn't done nearly enough to earn an outpouring of affection.

Thats why he needs more love.. now give him some love you douche. :D

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
How are we worse? Their sucktitude is just about equal.

I would rather have 6 (though I could say 7, but I would be seriously "hyperboling" it if I included Castro's limited at-bats) guys in my line-up hitting .300+ with a sucky bullpen (minus a couple of guys) that can be fixed in a trade (if the GM was any good) over only 1 guy in my line-up hitting .300+ with half the bullpen sucking and half the rotation sucking anyday.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I would rather have 6 (though I could say 7, but I would be seriously "hyperboling" it if I included Castro's limited at-bats) guys in my line-up hitting .300+ with a sucky bullpen (minus a couple of guys) that can be fixed in a trade (if the GM was any good) over only 1 guy in my line-up hitting .300+ with half the bullpen sucking and half the rotation sucking anyday.

Have you seen who the Cubs have played to this point? Like Balta pointed out, they're 0-5 against the Pirates. They're a very bad baseball team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Have you seen who the Cubs have played to this point? Like Balta pointed out, they're 0-5 against the Pirates. They're a very bad baseball team.

And we are 1-5 against the Indians. What does that say about us? Hell the Cardinals just got swept by Houston. Might as well give the Reds the NL Central title. Sometimes a team just had another team's number during a season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
And we are 1-5 against the Indians. What does that say about us? Hell the Cardinals just got swept by Houston. Might as well give the Reds the NL Central title. Sometimes a team just had another team's number during a season.

We've played the Twins, Yankees, Blue Jays and Rays. The Cubs haven't played anybody. They've got guys like Byrd, Fukodome, Soto, Silva and Gorzelanny producing WAYYYY above their norms. And they're still 7 games below .500. I'm not trying to argue the Sox are better. They suck. I just don't see how they're any worse than the Cubs when you consider all factors.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
We've played the Twins, Yankees, Blue Jays and Rays. The Cubs haven't played anybody. They've got guys like Byrd, Fukodome, Soto, Silva and Gorzelanny producing WAYYYY above their norms. And they're still 7 games below .500. I'm not trying to argue the Sox are better. They suck. I just don't see how they're any worse than the Cubs when you consider all factors.

Fukudome's OPS on the season is .981. In May, it's .712. In his last 7 days, it's .567.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
Should he have caught it?

If he'd played it correctly from the start, yeah. He got turned around the wrong way, the wind started taking the ball away from him, then he fell flat on his face as he hit the warning track.

I like the uproar about development in Wrigley. "Keep the neighborhood the same" residents are screaming at the top of their lungs. Of course most of these people dont actually live there and if you kept that area the same as it used to be we might as well move the crack dens and rundown buildings back in to make it really looks like it used to before development cleaned it up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
I like the uproar about development in Wrigley. "Keep the neighborhood the same" residents are screaming at the top of their lungs. Of course most of these people dont actually live there and if you kept that area the same as it used to be we might as well move the crack dens and rundown buildings back in to make it really looks like it used to before development cleaned it up.

I understand why the iO owner could be upset cause her business will have to be moved for a while. However, all this talk about the "feel and look" of the neighborhood cracks me up. From about Grace to Roscoe, Clark St. is nothing but a baseball stadium, a McDonalds, and a s***load of bars. If you walk down there anytime after a Cubs game or a weekend night, there is nothing but drunks roaming the street and garbage along the curbs and sidewalks. The only reason you live there and your property is worth so much is because of that stadium and the team, so shut the hell up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
I understand why the iO owner could be upset cause her business will have to be moved for a while. However, all this talk about the "feel and look" of the neighborhood cracks me up. From about Grace to Roscoe, Clark St. is nothing but a baseball stadium, a McDonalds, and a s***load of bars. If you walk down there anytime after a Cubs game or a weekend night, there is nothing but drunks roaming the street and garbage along the curbs and sidewalks. The only reason you live there and your property is worth so much is because of that stadium and the team, so shut the hell up.

Cubs fans are under the impression that that area is "always as it has been" because they became fans in 2003.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
Since the Sox got rained out, I'll be peepin' the Rockies/Cubs. I suggest anybody who wants to see an electric, 5-tool star in the making that you check out Carlos Gonzalez. This guy is the total package.

That's one of the guys I've had my eye on from the start of the season. He and Seth Smith. I watched those two hit like mad last season and just fell in love.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
That's one of the guys I've had my eye on from the start of the season. He and Seth Smith. I watched those two hit like mad last season and just fell in love.

You'd be hard pressed to find 10 players in all of baseball that have been more productive than Gonzalez from the second half of last year up to this point. And that's not even mentioning his insane playoff series against the Phillies. Beane better hope Michael Taylor pans out. That Holiday trade is looking horrible.

Edited by Jordan4life

I have more of a crush on Dexter Fowler (who has been struggling) but I like Gonzalez alot. As I've staed many times though, the Rockies are my second favorite team, so I think I will be watching more Cubs games this week than usual cause of the Rockies. If only our sox were half this young and talented. Tulo, Stewart, Gonzo, Fowler, Iannetta, Jimenez, Morales, Street, Smith, I can just go on and on.