2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
I understand why the iO owner could be upset cause her business will have to be moved for a while. However, all this talk about the "feel and look" of the neighborhood cracks me up. From about Grace to Roscoe, Clark St. is nothing but a baseball stadium, a McDonalds, and a s***load of bars. If you walk down there anytime after a Cubs game or a weekend night, there is nothing but drunks roaming the street and garbage along the curbs and sidewalks. The only reason you live there and your property is worth so much is because of that stadium and the team, so shut the hell up.

You forgot about the Taco Bell. Not that I care but since they get about $5 bucks from me about once a week, I thought it should be important.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
You forgot about the Taco Bell. Not that I care but since they get about $5 bucks from me about once a week, I thought it should be important.

LOL, very true, how did I forget about that Taco Bell? When I was dating my wife, she lived like a block from there, I was a sucker for some Taco Bell on the late night, but it was always so good.

Carloz Zambrano is no longer an $18 million setup guy, he is now a $18 million long reliever. Sweet Lou admits that moving him the the 8th inning was a bad idea.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
I understand why the iO owner could be upset cause her business will have to be moved for a while. However, all this talk about the "feel and look" of the neighborhood cracks me up. From about Grace to Roscoe, Clark St. is nothing but a baseball stadium, a McDonalds, and a s***load of bars. If you walk down there anytime after a Cubs game or a weekend night, there is nothing but drunks roaming the street and garbage along the curbs and sidewalks. The only reason you live there and your property is worth so much is because of that stadium and the team, so shut the hell up.

Hilarious reader letter in the Sun Times today about a group of homeowners who are against the "mallification" of Wrigleyville. He cites that the area is home to nothing but small business owners just trying to make it in the world today and that big box stores would completely change the dynamic of the little neighborhood.

Where the f*** does this guy think he lives? He lives in probably one of the most commercialized soulless neighborhoods in the entire city.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 19, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Marmol is absolute filth. I love watching him pitch, which is a shame becasue that usually insures a Cubs win

You're only hope, and I mean ONLY hope, is that his control is erratic. Because you're not going to hit him. His BB/9 is over 5 yet his WHIP is only 1.16.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
What's with the delay in the Cubs game?

Gameday thought Soto substituted into the 8 spot, when he was actually in the 9 spot, so I think it was all confused by the pinch hitter coming in with Soto on deck.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 20, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Gameday thought Soto substituted into the 8 spot, when he was actually in the 9 spot, so I think it was all confused by the pinch hitter coming in with Soto on deck.

Caught the end of the game, yeah, basically the Cubs made a switch and it was announced incorrectly in the press box so it must have mucked everything up.

So today at school, a teacher saw my Peavy shirt and I said I wear him and Buehrles shirts each time they pitch. Then another teacher said they don't pitch they throw and suck.

I said, "Hey, I know they suck this year. But so do the Cubs"

He replied with "But they are going to sign Bobby Howry! In fact I think they signed him!"

"The Cubs have been dominated by the Pirates this year"

"The Pirates are good team!"

"If the signing of Bobby "My ERA is Over 10" Howry is something to get excited about, the Cubs suck."

The first teacher, who often gives me a hard time for Sox gear, agreed that both teams suck hard this year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 20, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
So today at school, a teacher saw my Peavy shirt and I said I wear him and Buehrles shirts each time they pitch. Then another teacher said they don't pitch they throw and suck.

I said, "Hey, I know they suck this year. But so do the Cubs"

He replied with "But they are going to sign Bobby Howry! In fact I think they signed him!"

"The Cubs have been dominated by the Pirates this year"

"The Pirates are good team!"

"If the signing of Bobby "My ERA is Over 10" Howry is something to get excited about, the Cubs suck."

The first teacher, who often gives me a hard time for Sox gear, agreed that both teams suck hard this year.

Anybody who gets excited for Bob Howry should just stop watching baseball.

Randy Wells...meet the american league. Summertime is near. Good luck to opposing pitchers that have to deal with this Ranger lineup in June, July and August.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Wells has recovered to pitch a solid game to this point.

Edited by Jordan4life

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5211437

SEATTLE -- Buried under a mountain of pressure and the constant buzz of a $30 million contract, Milton Bradley says he pondered getting help in 2009 during his short and controversial stay with the Chicago Cubs.

"I wanted to take some time out, get my thoughts together, and just speak to someone and get an understanding from somebody unbiased," Bradley said. "But you can't really do that in Chicago. There's just too much going on."

The guy just cannot stop blaming Chicago for everything. Obviously I am no Cubs apologist, but what the f***. If Bradley had asked for help last year when he came out of his crazy bag, Cubs fans would have loved him for it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
Marshall and Marmol is quite the 1-2 punch in the bullpen right now. A guy with an unhittable curve followed by the most dominate slider in baseball.

And yet, it doesn't exactly seem like it's being all the helpful for them.