2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Cain also has thrown two straight shutouts, so his ERA is going to plummet. Silva's been sensational this year, no other way to describe it.

here's a way I like to think about players. If Hendry got on the phone right now with every other GM, what would he get for Silva, especially if they don't eat a good portion of the contract. I personally can't see any AL team touching him and with one year left on that deal, I don't see many NL teams giving up more than 2nd tier prospects for him.

Again, I want to stress that I think it was a good deal for the Cubs and it's working out well for them.

Edited by SoxFan562004

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Said it before.. very very underrated player.

The only problem this year is that he's been pretty mediocre so far on the offensive side of the ball.

He was beast last year though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Take Andrew McCutchen away, and I honestly don't see the difference between the Pirates and a random AAA team.

There is no doubt the guys in the Cleveland line up are WAY better, which is saying something.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
So the Cubs attendance is down? Only 1 sellout thus far this season? Avg-ing 93 percent full.

Bad economy, bad team, and a good hockey club can do that I guess. I'm a bit surprised by that though, however they have been doing a lot more ticket advertising this year I've noticed. Maybe even some of their fans have a breaking point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Bad economy, bad team, and a good hockey club can do that I guess. I'm a bit surprised by that though, however they have been doing a lot more ticket advertising this year I've noticed. Maybe even some of their fans have a breaking point.

This. Though they still rock out Cubs hats at bars, most Cub fans (and sox fans) are all about the Hawks right now (though it has been like this for a couple of months now). wsf101 is 100% correct on this post.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
This. Though they still rock out Cubs hats at bars, most Cub fans (and sox fans) are all about the Hawks right now (though it has been like this for a couple of months now). wsf101 is 100% correct on this post.

It seems like not only most Cubs and Sox fans are all about the Hawks, a lot of non sports fans are too. This town just goes nuts when a potential championship is in progress.