2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
It's June 28th. And the Cubs still suck.

closer to last place than 1st place. Equal distance between 2nd place and last place. That team is so messed up. They have seen almost all of their off season and spring training moves turn to gold on them (Bradley for Silva was a joke, Marlon Byrd has been ridiculous, and Colvin has been surprisingly good) and they've gotten worse because they're starting to get old, injury prone, and inconsistent. With nothing in the cupboards (and I mean that both in regards to their fiscal and personnel situations), it's going to take more than a minor miracle to turn that team around before atleast 2013.

Atleast they drafted Jessica and Ashley's sister in the first round, she should be a great marketing tool.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
Pirates have almost 33% of their wins this season agaisnt he cubs this is Tiger/White Sox material from 2003.

Octavio Dotel vs. the Cubs: 7 G, 6/6 SVs, 7 IP, 14 K, 1.29 ERA, 0.71 WHIP

vs. rest of MLB: 23 G, 9/12 SVs, 22.2 IP, 25 K, 5.96 ERA, 1.63 WHIP

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Octavio Dotel vs. the Cubs: 7 G, 6/6 SVs, 7 IP, 14 K, 1.29 ERA, 0.71 WHIP

vs. rest of MLB: 23 G, 9/12 SVs, 22.2 IP, 25 K, 5.96 ERA, 1.63 WHIP

yeah, they were showing some of his dominant numbers against the Cubs last night, it was baffling, and when you see him pitch against them it shows, they look like they have zero chance and are getting blown away by 92mph FBs

If the Reds want to contend, they really need to add more bullpen help for Rhodes and Cordero. Nick Masset is having a TERRIBLE season. The Reds just need to not get swept this weekend, and that will probably result in the Cubs going into sell mode.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
In other words, not a whole lot.

DLEE and Lilly are rentals, but are quality players, especially Lilly for the stretch. You could deal someone like Marmol, Byrd, or Colvin if you want to bring in some good pieces. Fukudome isnt worth his salary and either is Soriano, Zambrano or Dempster.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
DLEE and Lilly are rentals, but are quality players, especially Lilly for the stretch. You could deal someone like Marmol, Byrd, or Colvin if you want to bring in some good pieces. Fukudome isnt worth his salary and either is Soriano, Zambrano or Dempster.

Yeah, they're decent rentals, but in neither case are they obviously the best name on the market. Cliff Lee is out there as a pitcher, Adam Dunn is out there as a DH/1b, and I don't think you're going to get draft picks back for Lee if he walks

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Yeah, they're decent rentals, but in neither case are they obviously the best name on the market. Cliff Lee is out there as a pitcher, Adam Dunn is out there as a DH/1b, and I don't think you're going to get draft picks back for Lee if he walks

Ted Lilly is probably the 2nd best pitcher available. He'd be a great fit for New York (Mets).

Don't think they would do it, but if I was the cubs I would really, really entertain moving Marmol and getting a great deal out of it. Maybe it's just me, but I love Cashner's arm as their future closer. Fukudome is also attractive, but they probably need to eat alot of that salary to get a good prospect or two out of it.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Don't think they would do it, but if I was the cubs I would really, really entertain moving Marmol and getting a great deal out of it. Maybe it's just me, but I love Cashner's arm as their future closer. Fukudome is also attractive, but they probably need to eat alot of that salary to get a good prospect or two out of it.

If Adam Lind could play 1b, I would try to trade Marmol for him. Lind was actually someone I was wondering if the Sox could get involved with.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)

Cashner's got some real talent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Lee would look real nice in the middle of our line up.

Ehhhhhhhh....

He hasn't looked nice all season. I know that's not going to last forever, as he's going to get back to his career averages sooner or later, but I don't know...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Ehhhhhhhh....

He hasn't looked nice all season. I know that's not going to last forever, as he's going to get back to his career averages sooner or later, but I don't know...

Even if he doesn't revert to his career norms, his numbers this year would still look better in the middle of our lineup than Kotsay's do.