Will KW make a move prior to Soxfest?

striker

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will KW make a move prior to Soxfest? Sign a DH, make a trade, etc. If so, predict his move.

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Yeah, all of those one year deals this off season are really going to kill this franchise...

If we don't end up signing a DH, I can see that killing us this year (though I still think big Jim comes back). These players might not be ideal, but I'd rather have them on one year deals than giving similarly mediocre players multi-year deals. Will they kill the franchise? No, probably not, but that's not exactly what he was saying either.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
What happened to jphat? He's turned into a combination of fathom/tito. He was so optimistic before that Hawk had to tell him to dial it down.

What is wrong with me!?!?! :unsure: I just have a bad feeling about the Pierre, Rios, Teahen signings/trades. And I really can't explain it. It's just an ominous feeling. Here's to hoping they all have career years. I'll be back and positive and thinking Teahen will slug .480 come the start of Spring Training. It's just frustrating to see Nick Johnson get 5.75 mil while we are giving similar to Juan Pierre and Mark Teahen

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
What is wrong with me!?!?! :unsure: I just have a bad feeling about the Pierre, Rios, Teahen signings/trades. And I really can't explain it. It's just an ominous feeling. Here's to hoping they all have career years. I'll be back and positive and thinking Teahen will slug .480 come the start of Spring Training. It's just frustrating to see Nick Johnson get 5.75 mil while we are giving similar to Juan Pierre and Mark Teahen

I think it would be equally as frustrating if we gave Nick Johnson that money and he took his annual 2 month vacation to the DL in the middle of the season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
I think it would be equally as frustrating if we gave Nick Johnson that money and he took his annual 2 month vacation to the DL in the middle of the season

And a move like that handcuffed us from doing something else in the middle of the season, such as trading for a Cy Young winner...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
And a move like that handcuffed us from doing something else in the middle of the season, such as trading for a Cy Young winner...

I would much rather us have someone help us for a whole season, rather than 2 months.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
I would much rather us have someone help us for a whole season, rather than 2 months.

I agree. The Sox got Rios for a couple of months and all his boys made excuse after excuse for him. He wasn't for 2009, he was for the future. He needed time to adjust. BS. The Sox need more offense in April, May, June. Wait until July, it may be too late.

Well, we all know Rios was atrocious in 2009.

Perhaps there's no point in even revisiting that one...we just will have to wait until October 2010 and see where we stand with him. No doubt KW might re-think that move if given a chance to undo it, but too late for that. It was a big, but calculated risk on his part. No matter what you say about KW, he's never been averse to risk-taking, which is the only way a team like the White Sox can go far into the playoffs. Unfortunately, it seems like he tinkers too much trying to find the right combination. I don't know where to find the statistic, but the roster turnover in this organization the past five years has to be Top 5-7 in the majors if it was ranked from 2006 through the beginning of the 2010 season.

The only players still around from that World Series team are AJ, Mark, Konerko and Jenks, and they all have short "shelf lifes" at the moment.

Obviously things went downhill after Mark's no-hitter, that was the high water mark last season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
I agree. The Sox got Rios for a couple of months and all his boys made excuse after excuse for him. He wasn't for 2009, he was for the future. He needed time to adjust. BS. The Sox need more offense in April, May, June. Wait until July, it may be too late.

I don't think people made excuses for him.

He was downright horrible after he came over last year.

The point is that 2 months don't determine whether it was a good claim or not.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
We need to resign Big Jim Thome right now. Our lineup ain't good enough as it stands.

Projections have us at 87 Wins with the lineup we have going. That's pretty damn good as is. I agree that another move is needed, but woe is not the White Sox.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
IMO, 4 months of Nick Johnson helps a lot more than 6 months of Juan Pierre.

considering the ramifications of a player becoming injured when he is counted on to be an integral part of the offense, and the lack of a quality fulltime replacement, I disagree.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
considering the ramifications of a player becoming injured when he is counted on to be an integral part of the offense, and the lack of a quality fulltime replacement, I disagree.

I consider a leadoff hitter to be a fairly integral part of an offense.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Hank Blalock is still a f/a right? He can be our primary DH and at times play 3B/1B which allows Ozzie to have an open door at DH and everything still, not too mention another lefty bat in the lineup.

.736 OPS last season, 65 games played in 2008, 58 games played in 2007, .726 OPS in 2006, .749 OPS in 2005. That's 5 straight bad seasons.