Remember when...?

Brian

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
When you were headed to an unfamiliar place and you had to call a friend and use their crappy ass directions instead of looking it up online or plugging it into a GPS, and there was a chance you'd get lost and have to find a pay phone.

Street signs. Unless you're in Atlanta, that's the only place that doesn't have enough street signs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
Remember when it took 20 minutes to download anything past 2 megabytes? *cringe. I hate 56K so much.

I remember trying to download pictures of por....um, things, and would take forever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
...Halo LAN parties were the pinnacle of FPS multiplayer?

My friends and I still find that to be the pinnacle of FPS multiplayer. We have a once a year Halo CE lan. Taking it back a little more, I remember Goldeneye being the first FPS multiplayer game that we ever played. That's where we had the "ironing board" matches.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
in order to play games on your computer, you had to enter in the command LOAD"*",8,1

And pressing play on the tape drive as that was the medium that held your programs on the Commadore 64. QBasic 4 evah.

I actually remember encountering one of these at my first job...

TRS80-III.jpg

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
:lolhitting ah, the good ol days of a/s/l? & whatnot.

I remember in 1995 when I first signed up for AOL. It was so awesome to hear, "Welcome!"

My first IM was from someone I didn't know typing, "m/f?". I replied with, "Up Yours!" I thought someone was calling me a Mother F*****.