Soda, Pop, whatever

Texsox

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I've never understood why people love Coke so much, Pepsi wins every time IMO. The only type of Coke that competes is the sugar cane kind, and until recently I could only get that at mexican restaurants/corner stores.

Because pepsi tastes gross?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
^^^

Aguas are THE BEST, but probably about 1/2 of restaurants/taquerias or less get them right...

I totally missed good aguas frescas and horchata down here for years until a brilliant taqueria opened up down the road from work a couple of years ago that gets it right.

yawn. That's the norm down here. I'd love me an authentic Jewish deli with a crabby old staff behind the counter that I could torment with requests for mayo and white bread. I want to fill my belly at Ruben's Deli.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 06:57 AM)
yawn. That's the norm down here. I'd love me an authentic Jewish deli with a crabby old staff behind the counter that I could torment with requests for mayo and white bread. I want to fill my belly at Ruben's Deli.

It's the norm here as well in certain pockets, but it took years before we had a great Mexican eatery in striking distance.