Who is your favorite MLB team outside the Sox?

Marky Mark

For me, when it comes playoff time and if the Sox aren't in it, I'm root'n for any AL Central team except the Tigers. I hate the tigers after they embarassed the whole AL in '06. I particularly like the Twins and Royals, but that may also be because I went to school in MN.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
For me, when it comes playoff time and if the Sox aren't in it, I'm root'n for any AL Central team except the Tigers. I hate the tigers after they embarassed the whole AL in '06. I particularly like the Twins and Royals, but that may also be because I went to school in MN.

i tend to not really like any AL team, despite the fact that I will root for them in the playoffs, but thats because I'm a sox fan and want to show stupid NL fans the dominance of our league...

i also tend to like just about every NL team, because they are always against the cubs (so especially the cards)

outside of those rules i tend to root for teams that have players i like watching...phillies because of utley, have always liked the dodgers and braves.....in the AL i absolutely despise the twins, but its a respectful hatred and I suspect that if they were in the NL they would be my favorite non-sox team. I also like the mariners in the AL

I used to always like the Orioles just because of the respect gained in 1983. They have sucked bad for some time now, though. Same with the Pirates. Another organization that was solid when I first really started following baseball but have gone by the wayside now. In the here and now, I like the Cardinals, Phillies, Dodgers, Rockies, Marlins, and, again for old school reasons, the Royals. I also do not mind the Tigers despite the common Detroit hate around Chicago. Good history of success despite the odds stacked against them being up against the Yankees all those years. I hated them when I was a kid and Sparky managed them, though.

I'm another one that likes to watch former White Sox players, unless they're on a team I absolutely hate like the Cubs, Red Sox or Yankees.

That said I would tend to pull for the Cardinals mainly because of the St. Louis fans disdain for the Cubs. I used to like the Mets and was a big fan of theirs since they came into existence in 1962, but not so much interest in the Mets the last 5 or so years.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
I used to always like the Orioles just because of the respect gained in 1983. They have sucked bad for some time now, though. Same with the Pirates. Another organization that was solid when I first really started following baseball but have gone by the wayside now. In the here and now, I like the Cardinals, Phillies, Dodgers, Rockies, Marlins, and, again for old school reasons, the Royals. I also do not mind the Tigers despite the common Detroit hate around Chicago. Good history of success despite the odds stacked against them being up against the Yankees all those years. I hated them when I was a kid and Sparky managed them, though.

They're not going to suck for much longer. That's a J4L guarantee.

Marlins.

Been following them since their inaugural season, still follow them and their minors and try to get to NYC when they play the Mets. I have developed legitimate rooting interests in them but it doesn't even come close to the Sox. Still, it's fun following a team in the other league and though they can be such a frustrating franchise to follow, they still continue to develop exciting young players. Oh, and the two championships werent such a bad thing either.