Leno going back to Late Night

Brian

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
I think they are letting it ride until the Winter Olympics.

I honestly can't see how they can allow themselves to get torn apart like that night after night until February. They're going to have to pull him eventually and run reruns or something.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I honestly can't see how they can allow themselves to get torn apart like that night after night until February. They're going to have to pull him eventually and run reruns or something.

It'll be the best ratings they have had in a year if they let it ride out.

I wonder if this all ends up helping Conan in the end, I'd expect some people who never watched him are tuning in to see what he says and maybe will follow him wherever he goes. Plus the press has been pro conan, and he is going to come out of this looking like a saint I think and Leno wont.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I wonder if this all ends up helping Conan in the end, I'd expect some people who never watched him are tuning in to see what he says and maybe will follow him wherever he goes. Plus the press has been pro conan, and he is going to come out of this looking like a saint I think and Leno wont.

In this case, any press is probably good press. Leno will benefit from the brouhaha as well. Just think, for an example, how Letterman's ratings spiked after his "scandal" last year.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Jeff Zucker is supposedly threatening Conan to take the midnight slot or he will keep him off the air for the next 3.5 years.

There's also a rumor going around that no where in Conan's contract does it specify a timeslot, such that NBC can move its show wherever and if he quits he loses the other $70 mil.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Bill Simmons reporting that next week is Conan's last week with NBC.

It's his last week at the 10:35pm slot. Not done with NBC...yet.

Simmons just recorded a podcast with TV critic Alan Sepinwall about this. Should be sweet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
It's his last week at the 10:35pm slot. Not done with NBC...yet.

Simmons just recorded a podcast with TV critic Alan Sepinwall about this. Should be sweet.

What else would he do if he is refusing to move to the 12:05 slot?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
What else would he do if he is refusing to move to the 12:05 slot?

With NBC is shambles, Zucker would be stupid to pay Conan $20 mil a year to sit at home and do nothing. They should just let him out of his deal and let him go to Fox. It would kill NBC, but there is nothing I watch on that channel anymore anyway, so I don't care.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
According to the radio, Leno is officially the host of The Tonight Show again.

He had to negotiate a new deal and the new deal says he hosts for an hour. Such garbage.