Leno going back to Late Night

Brian

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think those two will fit in great together, and as much money and following as FOX has, I could easily see them interfering with Conan's work and not allowing him to do what he wanted. And you know FOX would f*** it up somehow just like any other good program they have.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
Cable?

Network TV's always going to be where the money is.

Conan's audience doesn't recognize the difference. I think he can have as much success on cable as on network. That might mean less money now, but possibly more success/more money later. And I think TBS is a good spot because his audience probably does sit and watch 3 hours of Family Guy.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Conan is way better. I haven't watched The Daily Show in years.

Daily Show was great during the election and has been great the past year and a half. You're missing out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
Daily Show was great during the election and has been great the past year and a half. You're missing out.

I used to watch it almost every night but I've really gotten bored with it. To each their own though. I can watch Conan almost every night. It could be that I've also gotten bored with politics.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
I used to watch it almost every night but I've really gotten bored with it. To each their own though. I can watch Conan almost every night. It could be that I've also gotten bored with politics.

Same here. It's the same schtick every show. If he's got a good guest I watch though.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
Conan's audience doesn't recognize the difference. I think he can have as much success on cable as on network. That might mean less money now, but possibly more success/more money later. And I think TBS is a good spot because his audience probably does sit and watch 3 hours of Family Guy.

TBS offered a better deal than FOX financially from what I read initially.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Anyone see Conan on 60 Minutes? He had a real honest moment where he said he fought depression for a while.

That was a good interview and I think he phrased everything exactly right. Although, he's had several months to prepare.