Leno going back to Late Night

Brian

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
That was a good interview and I think he phrased everything exactly right. Although, he's had several months to prepare.

He looked incredibly sad and depressed to me, despite what he said. You could clearly tell that he is still coping with it. His whole, "i'm telling everyone i'm fine, it just didn't work" was just an act. He got the shaft big time, and the worst kind - you're not entertaining enough so we're replacing you.

32 million to sign a piece of paper. must be rough.

Conan to host show on Warner Bros. lot

Conan O'Brien will host his TBS late-night show from historic Stage 15 on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank.

The facility will now be the location for three daily series as "Lopez Tonight" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" also emanate from there.

TBS and Warner Bros. are both part of entertainment conglomerate Time Warner.

"I can't wait to interview the cast of 'Jersey Shore' on the same lot where they filmed 'Casablanca,'" O'Brien said.

O'Brien will host his hourlong, yet-to-be-titled show Mondays through Thursdays at 11 p.m.

"We are absolutely thrilled to have Conan and his team come to the Warner Bros. Studios to produce his new series, which we believe will bring a wonderful energy and lots of fun to our campus," said Jon Gilbert, president of Warner Bros. Studio Facilities.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
That's weak. If you care enough to post about his impression, you should be somewhere close to his name.

I was closer to the actually spelling of Ludicrous instead of the ebonics version.

• 4 weeks later...

Leno's 'Tonight Show' Has Lowest Rated Quarter Since Letterman Went To CBS

There's big news on the late night TV battlefront today: The late-night ratings for Q2 - the first full quarter since Leno came back as host after Conan O'Brien was dumped - are in, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno posted its lowest-rated Q2 since the Late Show with David Letterman launched on CBS in 1993. Additionally, Late Show delivered its most competitive finish against The Tonight Show in viewers and key demographics since 1995. Still, Leno topped Letterman comfortably in the ratings during their first quarter in 9 months as late-night rivals, by 23% in both total viewers and adults 18-49. The Tonight Show averaged 4.0 million viewers and a 1.1/4 in adults 18-49, down 20% in viewers and 31% in adults 18-49 from last year’s second quarter, which was inflated by the big ratings for Leno’s sign-off and Conan O’Brien’s debut.

It was the lowest-rated second quarter for The Tonight Show in total viewers, adults 18-49, and adults 25-54 since 1993. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is now tracking at demo levels comparable to where the show was with O'Brien as host. Meanwhile, Late Show too had its smallest audience since 1993. It drew 3.3 million viewers and a 0.9/4 in 18-49, down 7% in viewers and even in 18-49. It was Late Show’s most competitive 2Q position against The Tonight Show in viewers (-746,000) and adults 18-49 (-0.2) since 1995.

So the old guard late-night hosts are losing ground, with Nightline (3.7 million, up 2%), once in danger of cancellation by ABC when the network was pursuing Letterman, comfortably ahead of the CBS host and closing in on Leno.

• 3 weeks later...

BULL. s***.

They're gonna feel really stupid if Colbert or Daily Show win (which it probably will). They ALWAYS air that category....this is beyond lame.... hopefully they change their minds after a crap-ton of e-mails which I'm sure they'll get...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
BULL. s***.

They're gonna feel really stupid if Colbert or Daily Show win (which it probably will). They ALWAYS air that category....this is beyond lame.... hopefully they change their minds after a crap-ton of e-mails which I'm sure they'll get...

that's f***ing ridiculous. Hopefully they change this

• 1 month later...