2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Andrew Dobies has been promoted to Charlotte to take Santeliz's spot on the roster, who was put on the DL. Ramon Castro is starting a rehab assignment with Charlotte. Charlis Burdie was promoted to B'ham along with Tyson Corley. Leroy Hunt was activated from the DL, Winston-Salem has a open roster spot.

So bizarre to me - why Corley and Burdie, who are borderline prospects at best, over Bellamy and Remenowsky?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
So bizarre to me - why Corley and Burdie, who are borderline prospects at best, over Bellamy and Remenowsky?

Probably because they are organization guys and it doesn't matter if they are comfortable or not.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
Probably because they are organization guys and it doesn't matter if they are comfortable or not.

Yeah, especially with Bellamy. They just moved him up a week or so ago. They don't need to be that lightning fast with him. I do like Burdie though. He's had control issues early, but he's been able to get strikeouts throughout his pro career.

New Baseball America minor league transactions out, The White Sox signed C Dylan Tonneson, LHP Spencer Arroyo & shockingly RHP Deunte Heath, who I believe is on a PED suspension. Lyndon Estill was also released.

EDIT: Heath was suspended and released by the Braves because he was caught soliciting a prostitute who happened to be an undercover officer in a sting. His suspension only applies to the Braves organization, so he may get assigned to either B'ham or Charlotte soon.

Edited by JPN366

KW Jr. placed on the DL (what a shame), Jeffrey Tezak was promoted to Winston-Salem, Justin Collop was activated from the DL, and Chase Blackwood was promoted to B'ham. I'm think maybe Cole Armstrong might be going on the DL. He was removed from yesterday's game after one at bat.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
Kyle Gibson threw a one hitter....looking like he will join Liriano in the next 3-4 months to form the most fearsome 1/2 punch at the top of rotation in the ALCD since Santana/Liriano in 2006.

Your agenda wouldn't be anymore clearer then if you just came out and said "I live to suck off the Twins."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
Kyle Gibson threw a one hitter....looking like he will join Liriano in the next 3-4 months to form the most fearsome 1/2 punch at the top of rotation in the ALCD since Santana/Liriano in 2006.

That's a pretty bold statement, considering it was his 5th professional start and it was in High-A ball. Hyperbole, maybe?

Javier Castillo released, Adam Ricks to the Inactive list, IF Luis Rodriguez signed and assigned to Charlotte, roster spots open in W-S and Charlotte. Does Deunte "Craigslist John" Heath get assigned to B'ham or Charlotte now?

QUOTE (goblue5699 @ May 2, 2010 -> 12:23 AM)
Dodgers OF prospect Andrew Lambo was suspended 50 games for PEDs. I only mention it because I remember a few guys on here saying how much they liked his game.

I recall that as well, i'm curious what he was taking as he has put up some impressive power numbers in the past.

update, article on ESPN speculates on what it was, looks like it wasn't a PED

The news release from Major League Baseball announcing the suspension didn't specify what the drug was, but there were strong indications it was marijuana, a drug that has caused Lambo troubles in the past.

The release did specify Lambo tested positive for a "drug of abuse" as opposed to a performance-enhancing substance. Marijuana is one of several drugs of abuse -- the list also includes cocaine, LSD and heroin -- on baseball's banned substance list.

Edited by bighurt4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Your agenda wouldn't be anymore clearer then if you just came out and said "I live to suck off the Twins."

Ha. That made me laugh.

Also, i'm not too worried about Gibson just yet, I'll have to see him get at least one major league hitter out before i start shaking in my boots.

Jorge Castillo released, Kyle Davis reassigned to extended spring training, Zachary Kayne promoted to Kannapolis from extended spring training, Rafael Vera acquired from Cleveland and assigned to Kannapolis.