2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
They're only two weeks late with that move

He was probably already on the DL, it just wasn't updated properly on Charlotte's roster page. It never is updated correctly.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
He was probably already on the DL, it just wasn't updated properly on Charlotte's roster page. It never is updated correctly.

I should have been more specific, what I meant was that they were two weeks late updating the page to let us know why he hasn't been playing.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 03:29 AM)
I should have been more specific, what I meant was that they were two weeks late updating the page to let us know why he hasn't been playing.

They don't have Santeliz listed properly either. He's been on the DL since the 17th, he probably blew out his elbow.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
They don't have Santeliz listed properly either. He's been on the DL since the 17th, he probably blew out his elbow.

:o

That would suck.

Can you dig and find out more about this?

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
:o

That would suck.

Can you dig and find out more about this?

Watch the video from the Knights July 16th game. First pitch in the bottom of the 8th.

Link

Edited by JPN366

Charlie Shirek promoted to Charlotte, Angel Garcia demoted back to B'ham, Kyle Shelton demoted back to W-S, both from Charlotte, Josh Phegley activated from the DL, Adam Ricks placed on the DL, both for W-S, Matt Wickswat demoted back to Kanny from W-S.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Charlie Shirek promoted to Charlotte, Angel Garcia demoted back to B'ham, Kyle Shelton demoted back to W-S, both from Charlotte, Josh Phegley activated from the DL, Adam Ricks placed on the DL, both for W-S, Matt Wickswat demoted back to Kanny from W-S.

The org definitely seems to like Shirek. To me, he's the most interesting SP prospect in the higher levels of the system outside of Hudson right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:11 AM)
The org definitely seems to like Shirek. To me, he's the most interesting SP prospect in the higher levels of the system outside of Hudson right now.

Ha and you made me defend putting Shirek in my top 15.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
FutureSox prospects of the month

Andre Rienzo is starting to remind me of DLS a bit. He's older than DLS was when he dominated in Kannapolis, but the numbers and background are similar.

It will be wonderful to have another future Hall of Famer in our minor league system! :ph34r:

Ben Badler on some of the lesser known relief prospects to watch (subscriber content):

3. Gregory Infante, rhp, White Sox (Double-A Birmingham): With a 94-98 mph fastball, Infante has one of the best pure arms in the organization. His curveball needs to be more consistent—at times it's a knockout, swing-and-miss pitch in the low-80s, other times he loses the tight rotation and leaves them out as hangers. With 57 strikeouts in 48 2/3 innings between high Class A Winston-Salem and Birmingham, Infante has the stuff to pitch key innings in a big league bullpen once he refines his secondary stuff and tightens his control.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/pros...10/2610458.html

Charlotte now has two open roster spots. Charlie Shirek was demoted back to B'ham and placed on the DL. The Knights have three players on the DL, Jeffrey Marquez, Greg Aquino and Josh Kroeger. All of which have been on the DL for the minimum 7 days. I'm guessing Marquez will be activated to fill the rotation opening and either Viciedo or Lillibridge will be sent down to take the other spot when Teahen is activated.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Charlotte now has two open roster spots. Charlie Shirek was demoted back to B'ham and placed on the DL. The Knights have three players on the DL, Jeffrey Marquez, Greg Aquino and Josh Kroeger. All of which have been on the DL for the minimum 7 days. I'm guessing Marquez will be activated to fill the rotation opening and either Viciedo or Lillibridge will be sent down to take the other spot when Teahen is activated.

Kroeger was activated.

Ryan Hamme was demoted to GF, Jordan Cheatham was demoted to Kanny so that KW Jr. can get more at bats and Greg Paiml was demoted to W-S. Paiml was the kids jersey giveaway for the Barons due to his local ties.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Congrats to Lucas Harrell on his big league debut tonight!! :)

Just want to throw this out there... the only 2 guys (Harrell and Adam Russell) I interviewed for FutureSox have both made contributions on the big league level, even if none have stuck around. Kinda cool.