2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Kevin_Goldstein

Talking to scout about #WhiteSox outfielder Trayce Thompson. "Is this for real?" I ask. Scout: "Oh yeah, absolutely. He's tremendous." about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein/status/12895361422

How did people talk about guys like Heyward when they were 19?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Thompson seemed shocked in spring when i called him over for an autograph. I don't think he's used to be recognized. I imagine that will change quickly.

See if that was me, he would be shocked that I was drooling over him as a player, and then he would proceed on backing away slowly away from me. :D

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Ricky Brooks did get hurt, he's on the DL. Clevelan Santeliz is also on the DL now. Tyson Corley promoted to B'ham.

Well, I'll be. He finished that inning after the injury and got 3 straight outs, including 1 that he had to field.

Tigers 1st rounder from last year Jacob Turner just placed on the DL with forearm stiffness (can anyone say Tommy John?). Their other top prospect, and one of my favourite prospect in baseball, Casey Crosby, hasn't pitched yet this year after suffering some elbow discomfort.

Ouch.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Ricky Brooks did get hurt, he's on the DL. Clevelan Santeliz is also on the DL now. Tyson Corley promoted to B'ham.

Corley? thought for sure it would be Bellamy or Remenowsky getting the first bullpen call-up to AA.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Phegley diagnosed with I-T-P syndrome

Says he will miss another month. Terrible situation for him.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
I know someone who had this. If this is the diagnosis, wow... a month might be extremely optimistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends his season.

The "curse" of the '09 draft? First Mitchell and now Phegley.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
JPN, what do you think of Santeliz and his upside if any?

Poor man's K-Rod. I like him a lot, he has a "bold" Ozzie like personality.

Edited by JPN366

Andrew Dobies has been promoted to Charlotte to take Santeliz's spot on the roster, who was put on the DL. Ramon Castro is starting a rehab assignment with Charlotte. Charlis Burdie was promoted to B'ham along with Tyson Corley. Leroy Hunt was activated from the DL, Winston-Salem has a open roster spot.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
I know someone who had this. If this is the diagnosis, wow... a month might be extremely optimistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends his season.

Yeah, the more I read about it the worse it sounds. Hopefully given the fact that he's a professional athlete, he is in good enough shape to fight it better than most.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
Strasburg continues to dazzle. 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K. Even had an RBI single (the only run of the game). They really need to do something about this service time crap. This guy has no business in AA.

At least promote him. I agree. He's not nearly as Raw as Chapman and that guy is in AAA. Stras should be in AAA.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
At least promote him. I agree. He's not nearly as Raw as Chapman and that guy is in AAA. Stras should be in AAA.

Forget AAA. He should've been in the majors from day 1. He's that good. Look around the NL. Mike Pelfrey, Livan Hernandez, Carlos Silva, Brad Penny. It's ridiculous. I'd say a minimum performance expectation from him would be that of what Lincecum did his rookie year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
Forget AAA. He should've been in the majors from day 1. He's that good. Look around the NL. Mike Pelfrey, Livan Hernandez, Carlos Silva, Brad Penny. It's ridiculous. I'd say a minimum performance expectation from him would be that of what Lincecum did his rookie year.

I was talking about hypothetically speaking. There no way he should be in AA right now, and the Nats are really babying him and his arm. (5 IP minimum 70-80 pitches or so) At least give him some scrub AAA to AAAA hitters he can face before-hand or like you said.. just promote the guy. I know the Nats have a great record (and I only say great cause 11-10 is outstanding for that franchise) but this guy can help them now, even in only 5 innings. Now from day 1... not sure. As studly as the kid is, you need to get some failure in first before you succeed. Not even the great pitchers now started from day 1 after they were drafted 1st overall. (I thought Price was gonna be the closest, but the Rays took it easy with him) It's bad enough that I think the Nats are babying him so much. Hopefully by the 6th, 7th, etc.. innings, Stras won't be the kind that implodes. But AAA, he should be. Then again.. I thought the Reds were foolish to have Leake skip the minors and he isn't doing that bad (though still very early, teams will get scouting reports on him) so maybe it's a new era in that department.

Edited by SoxAce