2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Shirek to the DL, Brandon Hynick takes his spot on the active roster. Charlie tried to field a screamer with his bare hand Wednesday and I think that's what his injury is.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Charlie Shirek to the DL, Brandon Hynick takes his spot on the active roster. Charlie tried to field a screamer with his bare hand Wednesday and I think that's what his injury is.

Ugh - let us know if you hear more about Charlie's injury.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Ugh - let us know if you hear more about Charlie's injury.

If it's that, then I saw it. I think the ball grazed the fingertips on his throwing hand. He was smarting after it happened.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
If it's that, then I saw it. I think the ball grazed the fingertips on his throwing hand. He was smarting after it happened.

Was that before or after he got lit up in the game?

Also, seems odd for an injury like that to land him on the DL, unless he broke a finger.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Was that before or after he got lit up in the game?

Also, seems odd for an injury like that to land him on the DL, unless he broke a finger.

During, I believe it happened in the 3rd. I was surprised that he came out and pitched in the 4th, although he only pitched 2/3 in the 4th.

I imagine Hynick will take his place in the rotation. He was already there and in uniform on Wednesday, don't know who would've been demoted or DL'ed had Shirek not gotten hurt. The new rotation should be Edwards, Long, Nunez, Rasner, Hynick.

Edited by JPN366

Clevelan Santeliz has been activated from the DL, he pitched last night. There hasn't been a corresponding move that would make room for him on the active roster announced. Maybe Alan Embree was finally cut loose?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Anyone have updates on Jarred Mitchell? Really haven't heard anything since he got hurt. How is he coming along?

He's out for the year. I figure he's probably barely begun rehabbing, probably while still in cast(s).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 24, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
If anyone is interested (J4L.. ;)) they are gonna air Strasburg's start tonight on MLB network against Detroit's AAA affiliate.

You, sir, are outstanding. I flipped from the Sox game as soon I read this post. I got to see Pedro Alvarez for the first time last week. Now Strasburg. God bless MLB network.

They took him out after 52 f***ing pitches? Pathetic.

Edited by Jordan4life

Not that I'm surprised, but Buck Coats was promoted to Charlotte. Thanks for the spark, Buck. But, this leaves us with a question, how can Charlotte carry 26 active players? Nobody has been released, demoted or put on the DL. Robbie Hudson and Adam Ricks are still active on the Knights roster, but haven't played in a few days. Clevelan Santeliz pitched on the 22nd, but is still listed as injured. B'ham, W-S and Kanny all have open roster spots.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 25, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Not that I'm surprised, but Buck Coats was promoted to Charlotte. Thanks for the spark, Buck. But, this leaves us with a question, how can Charlotte carry 26 active players? Nobody has been released, demoted or put on the DL. Robbie Hudson and Adam Ricks are still active on the Knights roster, but haven't played in a few days. Clevelan Santeliz pitched on the 22nd, but is still listed as injured. B'ham, W-S and Kanny all have open roster spots.

Kind of surprised that Ricks is still there, with Flowers and Lucy on the roster.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 25, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Kind of surprised that Ricks is still there, with Flowers and Lucy on the roster.

Heard back from the Knights media guy, Adam Ricks is on the DL (dubious) and Robbie Hudson was demoted to B'ham. Don't know why that hasn't been reported.

And, Clevelan Santeliz is active for the Knights, he pitched again today for Charlotte. So, Charlotte's at 24 active, B'ham is at 24 active, W-S is at 25 active. Kanny is at 24 active, but can have up tp 25 active.

I think Alan Embree has been released, he's no longer on Charlotte's roster. Maybe this means Erick Threets is going to be coming off the DL.

Edited by JPN366