2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Infante to AA. Anyone think Bellamy could be moved up soon too?

His numbers haven't been all that spectacular - I would have thought Bellamy, or Rem before he was injured, before Infante being promoted.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
His numbers haven't been all that spectacular - I would have thought Bellamy, or Rem before he was injured, before Infante being promoted.

He has good numbers with a high 90s fastball. They're going to push him because his stuff is better.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
No word on whom the Barons are cutting loose. Nobody is being promoted, Charlotte only has one open spot and that's Threets' spot. If I had to guess, it would be either Negron, Greene would be playing over him anyway. Or, Angel Garcia, he's a reclaimation project who hasn't pitched all that well. One player has to go, Negron didn't play last night, but was present in the dugout, as was Garcia.

It'll be Negron ..I'm callin' it right now!

Brian Anderson threw a scoreless inning Sunday in his minor league pitching debut for the Arizona League Royals.

The AZL is a pretty low level of competition, but Anderson did well enough. He allowed only one hit, struck out two, and will continue to work toward becoming a reliable middle reliever. Anderson, 28, made the decision to move from the outfield to the pitching rubber at the end of spring training.

Source: David Holtzman on Twitter

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Kenny Williams Jr. was placed on the DL. Awww, what a shame. Not only does he suck, he's injury prone.

That's too bad.

He was actually starting to look like a player recently.

.333 over his last 10 games. Had an 8 game hitting streak going into yesterday.

What type of injury?

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
That's too bad.

He was actually starting to look like a player recently.

.333 over his last 10 games. Had an 8 game hitting streak going into yesterday.

What type of injury?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He still wasn't hitting for any power and had 0 BB/8 SO. Anyone at his level can get some luck on balls in play.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He still wasn't hitting for any power and had 0 BB/8 SO. Anyone at his level can get some luck on balls in play.

It's entirely possible that it's just a random hot streak.

But since he's had so few of them, I thought it was note worthy.

Phegley back on the DL, Cheatham promoted to W-S from Kanny, Ricks demoted from Charlotte to W-S, Corley promoted to Charlotte from W-S. I think Ryan Hamme has been promoted to Kanny from GF.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Phegley back on the DL, Cheatham promoted to W-S from Kanny, Ricks demoted from Charlotte to W-S, Corley promoted to Charlotte from W-S. I think Ryan Hamme has been promoted to Kanny from GF.

Uh oh, not good for Phegley. Do you know if its related to his illness, or was he injured?

Corley double-promoted? That's interesting.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
Uh oh, not good for Phegley. Do you know if its related to his illness, or was he injured?

Corley double-promoted? That's interesting.

Didn't say in the press release from Alex Vispoli, but I assume that it does have to do with his illness. I think the same thing happened to Corley last year. He was on Charlotte's roster for a brief period but never pitched there. He was promoted from Kanny all the way to Charlotte that time.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
I think Ryan Hamme has been promoted to Kanny from GF.

Only a matter of time, though a bit earlier than I thought. He was sporting a 12/7 BB:SO ratio in GF though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
Only a matter of time, though a bit earlier than I thought. He was sporting a 12/7 BB:SO ratio in GF though.

I saw your boy, Dan Black hit a HR this past week! He's doin' alright ..playin' 1b mostly.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Leesman and Serafin promoted, Santos Rodriguez to DL

I wonder if Leesman will go to the bullpen. His numbers certainly don't warrant a promotion otherwise.

Barons only have 4 starters healthy, including Shirek, Leesman will probably start Wednesday.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
This has just not been a good year for you John... as far as Barons baseball. :lol:

Can't be 2009 every year. Maybe Charlie Leesman will be interesting to watch this week.