Best burger joint

The Gooch

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
5 Guys is right around 157th and La Grange. It is in that little center with Starbucks and Potbelly right by Target. They have really good burgers as well, and their cajun fries kick butt.

when did that open? I used to work a block away from there. (as of last year)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread to give praise to an awesome burger place I found in Orland Park:

Burger N Que, located on Wolf Road south of 167th street, but just north of Route 6.

They have awesome burgers that taste like they're homemade, they're thick as hell and very delicious.

They also have a "Hawaiian Burger" and other cool burgers. They also have a Char Chili-Cheese hotdog that's HUGE!!! The hotdog is almost as big as a kid's wrist.

Check it out sometime. :)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
Bumping this thread to give praise to an awesome burger place I found in Orland Park:

Burger N Que, located on Wolf Road south of 167th street, but just north of Route 6.

They have awesome burgers that taste like they're homemade, they're thick as hell and very delicious.

They also have a "Hawaiian Burger" and other cool burgers. They also have a Char Chili-Cheese hotdog that's HUGE!!! The hotdog is almost as big as a kid's wrist.

Check it out sometime. :)

I have wanted to try that place for some time. I guess I'll have to stop in and check it out real soon.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
Portillo's double cheese was my favorite burger when I lived in Chicagoland. I don't know how Red Robin survives. Why do people want to pay 10 bucks to eat a s***ty burger in a place often filled with screaming kids. You may be doing a disservice by not including bars. There are at least 3 dive bars around where I live now that serve cheap kick ass burgers

Red Robin has a weird ass vibe, but there burgers have always been real good, imo.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Shipps.

Top Notch is better than Redamaks?

I know that 5 Guys ekes out just above Redamaks for me.

I just seen this.

Yeah I gotta say its better mostly because its bigger but taste they are about the same.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Red Robin has a weird ass vibe, but there burgers have always been real good, imo.

Love the burger with the fried egg.

Down here there is this awesome hole in the wall place called Gonzalez Grocery. No sign. Zero, nada to ID the place. They are an old neighborhood grocery, the nearest major road is 4 or 5 blocks away. Quiet residential neighborhood. Open from 11 to 3 each day. The menu is Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Double Hamburger, Double Cheeseburger, Fries, Onion Rings, and for drinks, whatever cans they have in the cooler, usually RC. The burgers are cooked on a 100 year old flattop. I've never seen anyone even order the double. The single is about 3/4 pound of fresh ground beef, hand made. The wait is usually 30 to 45 minutes in winter when the winter Texans are here. Cash only. The tables are family style, 8 foot banquet tables. Total bill is usually $7.

I went to Burger N Que again today and noticed on the menu that they had a Venison Burger, a Turkey Burger, and an Ostrich Burger.

I was intriqued,... so I got the Ostrich Burger. :-D

The Ostrich burger was very good, they made it with mustard, pickles, and tomatoes, and the burger itself tasted good, it was kinda tougher than normal beef, and it was also a little saltier. 2 Thumbs up. :)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
I went to Burger N Que again today and noticed on the menu that they had a Venison Burger, a Turkey Burger, and an Ostrich Burger.

I was intriqued,... so I got the Ostrich Burger. :-D

The Ostrich burger was very good, they made it with mustard, pickles, and tomatoes, and the burger itself tasted good, it was kinda tougher than normal beef, and it was also a little saltier. 2 Thumbs up. :)

Haha I got this today from Burger n Que as well. I had never eaten an ostrich burger before so I tried one. It was pretty good. Tasted almost like a regular burger except like you said a little bit tougher, and a slight difference in taste. They have a lot more on their menu then i thought they would when I went in there as well. Next time I'll have to try the bananas foster bites

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
We have both Fatburger and In N' Out Burger here in Vegas. I honestly don't eat burgers that often, so when my buddy came to visit a few months ago from Chicago, he insisted we go to In N' Out. I must say, the burger was quite delicious. However, the fries were for s***.

I just can't rank a burger place #1 if their fries are that weak.

What about Culver's?

I think Fatburger takes the cake for me with the franchises/chains, but nothing beats a solid burger from a hole in the wall joint like McDivot's on Lagrange Rd...

In N' Out Burger is the best. The one time I had it I didn't really have a problem with the fries either. I'll be out in Vegas in March and I will definitely be hitting it up.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
Is there a Fuddruckers still around anywhere? I remember in Downers Grove that there used to be one. There were 2 restaurants right across from one another. Fuddruckers, and Mother Tuckers. Try saying those together real fast in mixed company without slipping up.

There's still a Fuddruckers in Darien/ Downers Grove at 75th & Lemont.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
There's still a Fuddruckers in Darien/ Downers Grove at 75th & Lemont.

I, too, was going to suggest Fuddruckers on this thread. there is one in Matteson at corner of Rt. 30 and cicero. at least it was there a couple months ago

QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Murphy's in champaign wins my approval for best burger ANYWHERE.

Just went there last night for the first time to grab dinner with some friends, got the Megaburger and fries for $5. Good burger but not the best Ive had. Very solid though.