Dye talking to Cubs and Padres

southsider2k5

Probably the two worst fits for Dye in all of baseball. San Diego's outfield is just so damn spacious, and RF at Wrigley is an extremely difficult position to play. From what we saw from Dye the last few years, I don't think he'd take too kindly to playing 3 times a week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Probably the two worst fits for Dye in all of baseball. San Diego's outfield is just so damn spacious, and RF at Wrigley is an extremely difficult position to play. From what we saw from Dye the last few years, I don't think he'd take too kindly to playing 3 times a week.

I like Dye well enough, but I wouldn't be entirely upset if he landed on the north side, just for that reason.

heard on the radio that the cubs want him as 4th OFer....can't see jermaine doing that...only way cubs would use him as something other than 4th OFer would be if Fukudome played CF, but that would push Byrd out who (whom?) they didnt pay 15 mil to ride pine....

there are several remaining decent DH options out there (cust, thome, dye) and youd have to think 1 (or more) of those guys can be had really cheaply in 2 weeks or so...i'll be very disappointed if KW doesnt pounce on one of those seeing as there is a glaring need for an extra bat (despite what ozzie says)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
I like Dye well enough, but I wouldn't be entirely upset if he landed on the north side, just for that reason.

Dye is still a very good hitter and would be productive and a bargain. I'd like the Sox to talk about bringing him in as a DH and part time left fielder. You could get him for cheap too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
Dye is still a very good hitter and would be productive and a bargain. I'd like the Sox to talk about bringing him in as a DH and part time left fielder. You could get him for cheap too.

I posted before I read yours, which is exactly what I said :gosoxretro: :notworthy

I would be sad to see the WS MVP finish his career with the other Chicago team.

Bad, bad, bad.

Jermaine hasn't gotten a lot of love recently after that second half flop, but he is one of the major players in White Sox history whether some fans want to believe that or not.

For some reason, he's not that beloved a figure even though he was WS MVP and Chicago teams simply do not win World Series.

Anywhere but the Cubs, Jermaine.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
I would be sad to see the WS MVP finish his career with the other Chicago team.

Bad, bad, bad.

Jermaine hasn't gotten a lot of love recently after that second half flop, but he is one of the major players in White Sox history whether some fans want to believe that or not.

For some reason, he's not that beloved a figure even though he was WS MVP and Chicago teams simply do not win World Series.

Anywhere but the Cubs, Jermaine.

Not wanting him back as an everyday outfielder has absolutely nothing to do with how people see his place in White Sox history. And when putting together your roster these are just the sort of things you can't get bogged down in: loyalty to an aging vet just because he was WS MVP.

Not wanting him back as an everyday outfielder has absolutely nothing to do with how people see his place in White Sox history. And when putting together your roster these are just the sort of things you can't get bogged down in: loyalty to an aging vet just because he was WS MVP.

Go to the top of the page

+

Yes but why sign a guy like Jones over Dye? Money? I think we could sign Dye on the relative cheap. Unless he'd be all upset and is bound and determined to play elsewhere.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Yes but why sign a guy like Jones over Dye? Money? I think we could sign Dye on the relative cheap. Unless he'd be all upset and is bound and determined to play elsewhere.

Has JD told you something none of us know?

Edited by Jordan4life