Soxfest 2010

Soxpride724

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Didn't the Angels have 9 guys hitting .300 last year

Sox need to find 9 new guys in their lineup to do this.

Sounds like a theory destined to fail.

Well Wite said it best....leave it to the White Sox to try and emulate something the Angels have NOT done well over the past few years...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
I got KW mad at Soxfest today! I asked about the failure of Sox draft picks and if there has been a shift in draft philosophy. He was quite terse.

Someone in the org (cause I know some lurk here) should tell KW that if your getting a question from a soxtalk poster (well... most ST posters), you better be damn prepared for it.

Healthy Quentin prepared for 2010

Comment Email Print Share

By Melissa Isaacson

ESPNChicago.com

Archive

A healthy and happy Carlos Quentin sounded like he was itching for spring training to begin, telling reporters Saturday at Soxfest, "My body feels well."

"The foot feels great," Quentin said. "The knee feels good. The wrist feels 10 times better having the hardware out. The old injuries that were in the past feel great."

The Chicago White Sox outfielder would like to forget the 2009 season, which saw him suffer through Plantar fasciitis in his left foot, tendinitis in his right knee and the ill effects of his surgically repaired right wrist from which a wire was removed, no doubt contributing to his .236 average.

"I felt a little restricted, and you put that in the back of your mind as a hitter," Quentin said of the wrist. "Your hands are very important in the swing. But I'm more focused on how much better it feels now. It makes me excited. This offseason I've been hitting and been satisfied with my swing."

Quentin was also optimistic about his move from left field to right.

"I'm pretty excited about that," Quentin said. "I basically grew up as a right fielder and feel like it will come back extremely fast. I've been throwing and getting my arm ready for it."

Quentin and the Sox are hoping for a return to his 2008 form, when Quentin was mentioned among MVP candidates before breaking his wrist after slamming his arm on his bat in frustration after fouling off a pitch.

"Every year I've gotten better and it's because of the guys around me," Quentin said. "Obviously [Greg] Walker and Ozzie [Guillen], we've talked about the whole issue. I try to get better and as I grow as a person, it will continue to get better. When the season starts, it's serious and I never forget that."

Did anyone catch Freddy's antics on Saturday night in the hotel bar? It wasn't that late, probably before 10. I went to dinner with my dad to Miller's Pub, pretty decent place and we came back to the Palmer House probably around 8:30 and we see Freddy on the Street level of the hotel, signing autographs and taking pics with girls, laughing having a good time and obviously had a few drinks. He makes his way to the bar in the lobby and people are buying him drinks left and right. I didn't really see how many he had...but it was a few. Then he gets the attention of the crowd and starts shouting..."f*** the Cubs" "f*** the Cubs"...security comes to stop him...he tells everyone to quiet down, then does it again and eventually leaves. It was pretty hilarious.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Did anyone catch Freddy's antics on Saturday night in the hotel bar? It wasn't that late, probably before 10. I went to dinner with my dad to Miller's Pub, pretty decent place and we came back to the Palmer House probably around 8:30 and we see Freddy on the Street level of the hotel, signing autographs and taking pics with girls, laughing having a good time and obviously had a few drinks. He makes his way to the bar in the lobby and people are buying him drinks left and right. I didn't really see how many he had...but it was a few. Then he gets the attention of the crowd and starts shouting..."f*** the Cubs" "f*** the Cubs"...security comes to stop him...he tells everyone to quiet down, then does it again and eventually leaves. It was pretty hilarious.

Hah, always loved Sweaty. Seems like the Ozzeroo has quite a few fun "friends."

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
He better pitch as good as he talks (and sweats). Hudson might be the one facing the Cubs (and saying f*** the Cubs) in interleague play middle of the season. ;)

I actually really like what Freddy brings. I think it's very clear that he has really learned since his stuff deteriorated on him, and he has a very solid mental makeup and attitude. I wouldn't be shocked to see him be our 3rd of 4th best pitcher this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
I actually really like what Freddy brings. I think it's very clear that he has really learned since his stuff deteriorated on him, and he has a very solid mental makeup and attitude.

No doubt he was very solid in his short stint with us last year, and think he'll be very solid at the 5th spot.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him be our 3rd of 4th best pitcher this year.

Hmmm... well that could be good and scary. That means either he's pitching his ass off and having a career year (or went back to his early Seattle/2005 days) or we are really in trouble/couple other guys had sub par years.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Hmmm... well that could be good and scary. That means either he's pitching his ass off and having a career year (or went back to his early Seattle/2005 days) or we are really in trouble/couple other guys had sub par years.

I think he is still capable of an ERA in the high 3's or low 4's, a WHIP in the 1.30 area, and a good 180-200 IP.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...8975&ref=nf