Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

Anyone vape? I am having terrible luck with mine. I've gone through 2 tanks now. First one I replaced because it was leaking, and the girl at the smoke shop said to get a better tank, so I bought one. Then that one has been leaking too, and then tonight I went to grab it, and it cracked off. It's just been sitting, so I have no idea how it cracked itself. I have no idea if I am just buying bad brands or bad luck. Kind of getting sick of spending money everytime I go to this smoke shop.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 11:50 PM)
Anyone vape? I am having terrible luck with mine. I've gone through 2 tanks now. First one I replaced because it was leaking, and the girl at the smoke shop said to get a better tank, so I bought one. Then that one has been leaking too, and then tonight I went to grab it, and it cracked off. It's just been sitting, so I have no idea how it cracked itself. I have no idea if I am just buying bad brands or bad luck. Kind of getting sick of spending money everytime I go to this smoke shop.

My friend does, and he's REALLY into this stuff. Works at a place and makes his own hardware and juice, and supposedly he's really good at it, and knows practically everything there is to know about it.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
My friend does, and he's REALLY into this stuff. Works at a place and makes his own hardware and juice, and supposedly he's really good at it, and knows practically everything there is to know about it.

Ask him why all my s*** breaks. I just had a Kanger T3s break off a the base. Considering buying a Kanger MT3s next.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
A lot of pipe tobaccos smell really good...

you dont have to argue with me about that, i love the cherry flavored tobacco smoke smell. Its the people who got tobacco products banned from businesses you have to argue with lol

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
Ask him why all my s*** breaks. I just had a Kanger T3s break off a the base. Considering buying a Kanger MT3s next.

I can put you in touch with him if you'd like, via email or something.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)

I've been vaping since 2012, make my own juice, build my own coils etc. Kanger MT3's break because they're garbage. Start researching RBA's and RDA's. The only way to get consistent results is to build your own coils. What type of battery are you using? You'll never get good results with an ego.

A good starter package that's cheap, low maintenance and dependable is an Eleaf iStick and a Lemo RTA or a Kayfun clone.

Start watching lots of YouTube. RipTrippers, PBusardo and GrimmGreen have extensive tutorials.

Stay away from vape shops. The mark up on everything is insane and the majority of the people working have no idea wtf they're doing.

Learn the basics of Ohms Law. Battery safety is important.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
I've been vaping since 2012, make my own juice, build my own coils etc. Kanger MT3's break because they're garbage. Start researching RBA's and RDA's. The only way to get consistent results is to build your own coils. What type of battery are you using? You'll never get good results with an ego.

A good starter package that's cheap, low maintenance and dependable is an Eleaf iStick and a Lemo RTA or a Kayfun clone.

Start watching lots of YouTube. RipTrippers, PBusardo and GrimmGreen have extensive tutorials.

Stay away from vape shops. The mark up on everything is insane and the majority of the people working have no idea wtf they're doing.

Learn the basics of Ohms Law. Battery safety is important.

Those all look like atomizers. As far as I can tell, I am looking for clearomizers.

I have an Ego-T battery.

I'm just looking for something that work, and gives me a lot of smoke. I'm not a sophisticated vaper and am not looking to spend much money at all since it's not like I'm a smoker and this is going to save my life or get me off cigarettes. I just do this for fun with my friends mainly.

How is the brand Aspire?

http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Aspire-BDC-...se-bdc-ce5s.htm

or

http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Aspire-BVC-...se-bvc-ce5s.htm

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Those all look like atomizers. As far as I can tell, I am looking for clearomizers.

I have an Ego-T battery.

I'm just looking for something that work, and gives me a lot of smoke. I'm not a sophisticated vaper and am not looking to spend much money at all since it's not like I'm a smoker and this is going to save my life or get me off cigarettes. I just do this for fun with my friends mainly.

How is the brand Aspire?

http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Aspire-BDC-...se-bdc-ce5s.htm

or

http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Aspire-BVC-...se-bvc-ce5s.htm

The Nautilus is a good clearomizer, but still kind of garbage. Clearomizers are designed for smoking cessation. If you're looking to blow clouds, rebuildables are the only way to go.

I started vaping to quit smoking. At some point it became a hobby.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
The Nautilus is a good clearomizer, but still kind of garbage. Clearomizers are designed for smoking cessation. If you're looking to blow clouds, rebuildables are the only way to go.

I started vaping to quit smoking. At some point it became a hobby.

With a name like "rebuildable", I get the idea that I have to know how to take these things apart and tinker with making them work. I'm not one who is very good at taking things apart and putting them back together and understanding how they work. My dad is and loves it, but I just don't have the patience for it. Safe to assume this would not be a good fit?

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
Anyone here have a 4k (UHD) TV yet? I'm wondering how they handle live TV from non-4k sources. (Lag, softened image when upconverted)

It also depends on the size of the TV and distance you sit from it. IN my experience its not much different from what you would see in 1080P today unless the signal source is actually 4K

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Given the fact that there currently is minimal content for 4K, I don't really see what the rush is. No need to buy this year, wait until the content is there and the prices are less.

Prices aren't that much different if you look correctly. The P series for Visio is comparable if not less money than standard sets.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
Prices aren't that much different if you look correctly. The P series for Visio is comparable if not less money than standard sets.

I personally think it's too early for adoption of 4K. Besides Blu Ray and games, there is little to none 1080P content. To me, it's the new fad these companies are trying to sell, like 3D was. Also, I've seen many of the 4Ktv deals are for 60hz, and for me, it's not acceptable. I'll stay at home with my nice 60 inch plasma and wait until something better comes along.