Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 8, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
IPhone just stopped charging on me. Would plug in the cord, just wouldn't pick up the charge unless I really played with the cord, and then it would go out right away. Figured I needed to make a trip to the Apple Store tomorrow.

Before I did that, stuck a small paper clip into the charging hole of the phone, dug it around for a bit, ended up pulling out a fairly large piece of lint that had gotten lodged in there.

Phone charges fine now, ha.

Same thing happens with my belly button.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up doing it at 6am when I woke up and got a early december delivery date. That's fine. I'll probably forget I did it and it will be a nice surprise.

Never really felt a need to be this up on the later releases but have to say with a kid now it's really nice having such good cameras in your pocket. Hoping this one is fun to use.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 08:07 AM)
I ended up doing it at 6am when I woke up and got a early december delivery date. That's fine. I'll probably forget I did it and it will be a nice surprise.

Never really felt a need to be this up on the later releases but have to say with a kid now it's really nice having such good cameras in your pocket. Hoping this one is fun to use.

Yeah, I haven't been either, but I enrolled in the Apple upgrade program last year (and paid a premium for the upgrade optionality) so I figure I may as well use it.

In my experience, Apple tends to underpromise and overdeliver, so I wouldn't be surprised if we both receive them earlier.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Yeah, I haven't been either, but I enrolled in the Apple upgrade program last year (and paid a premium for the upgrade optionality) so I figure I may as well use it.

In my experience, Apple tends to underpromise and overdeliver, so I wouldn't be surprised if we both receive them earlier.

I moved from Apple for 2 years and the pushing of higher specs before their batteries could support it drove me right back to apple. At least for the 1st year, the battery life is always great with Apple and that's the most important thing to me.

Save for their unbearably bad service when you move, comcast has been great for me last 3 years. The ability to watch on my phone when i'm cooking, the recording and everything on the X1. It's been great and affordable. I just will not cut unless blackout rules are lifted for bespoke sports packages.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
Save for their unbearably bad service when you move, comcast has been great for me last 3 years. The ability to watch on my phone when i'm cooking, the recording and everything on the X1. It's been great and affordable. I just will not cut unless blackout rules are lifted for bespoke sports packages.

DTV does that as well, but I am paying 250/month for just tv. My company pays for my internet (100 per month).

Comcast would give me internet/premier/phone for 164..

I mean thats a crazy price drop

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)
DTV does that as well, but I am paying 250/month for just tv. My company pays for my internet (100 per month).

Comcast would give me internet/premier/phone for 164..

I mean thats a crazy price drop

I haven't paid above $120 for comcast for 3 years and have premier and good cable package. They keep trying to upsell me phone but I have no need.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
Shopping DTV against Comcast again, and I have to say, Comcast is making a real point. Triple play for half the cost of what im paying for only DTV today.

I was in the same boat, but then I saw this.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-prog...conversion.html

It varies by location, but I would also get less HD channels with Comcast. Paying quite a bit less is appealing, though.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
I was in the same boat, but then I saw this.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-prog...conversion.html

It varies by location, but I would also get less HD channels with Comcast. Paying quite a bit less is appealing, though.

Thats pretty standard though. Fox has never had 1080, its always been 720p.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)

Received the email this morning that my delivery date is now November 8, well in advance of the initial 17-24 estimate.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 08:28 AM)
Received the email this morning that my delivery date is now November 8, well in advance of the initial 17-24 estimate.

I received one today that stated my delivery date stayed the same, but that's okay too.

edit: I'm wrong it moved up a week :)

I did want it mostly for christmas pictures.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 07:10 AM)
I received one today that stated my delivery date stayed the same, but that's okay too.

edit: I'm wrong it moved up a week :)

I did want it mostly for christmas pictures.

Yeah, I checked my tracking info this morning. Looks like it will actually be Monday now.