iamshack

Ipad2:

Dual Core Processor 9x the graphics speed of the original

2 cameras

gyroscope

thinner than the iPhone 4

Black and White Versions

ATT and Verizon

Same Storage capacity-mistake ( wish there was SD support)

3G option on all models for $130

Shipping March 11

Improved AirPlay capabilities

Accessories:

HDMI out for TV viewing (awesome!) and it charges the Ipad somehow

New "Smart case" Doesnt add bulk, clear in front, kickstand in back. Sleeps and wakes the iPad. Attaches via magnets

Operating system improvements:

Better safari (took platform from OS X)

IOS 4.3 turns iPhone 4 into mobile hotspot (yes!!!!!!)

Photobooth for iPad and iPhone

Facetime for iPad (duh) it already exists on Mac and iPhone platforms.

4.3 launches on March 11.

Applications:

iMovie for iPad. editor, HD sharing etc Cool piece is being able to drop songs from itunes library right into movie. Small piracy-YES!

Garage Band for iPad:YAWN

ipadtwo15.jpg

ipadtwo16.jpg

ipadtwo8.jpg

ipadtwo24.jpg

ipadtwo28.jpg

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Ipad2:

2 cameras

gyroscope

Black and White Versions

ATT and Verizon

Shipping March 11

Accessories:

HDMI out for TV viewing (awesome!)

how the........

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Ipad2:

2 cameras

gyroscope

Black and White Versions

ATT and Verizon

Shipping March 11

Accessories:

HDMI out for TV viewing (awesome!) and it charges the Ipad somehow

New "Smart case" Doesnt add bulk, clear in front, kickstand in back. Sleeps and wakes the iPad. Attaches via magnets

That's dumb.

So the thing that most excites me has nothing to do with the iPad, its the iOS 4.3 release which makes my iPhone a 3G hotspot. The iPad hasnt changed enough to render the current one "old." A camera and a faster processor isnt really that much of an improvement and its already thinner than carrying an actual notebook (you know, the old ones that contained paper).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
So the thing that most excites me has nothing to do with the iPad, its the iOS 4.3 release which makes my iPhone a 3G hotspot. The iPad hasnt changed enough to render the current one "old." A camera and a faster processor isnt really that much of an improvement and its already thinner than carrying an actual notebook (you know, the old ones that contained paper).

is that the only thing that is changing for the 4.3 update? ive been doing that with my iphone for the longest.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
is that the only thing that is changing for the 4.3 update? ive been doing that with my iphone for the longest.

Theres some other bits and pieces, nothing all that great other than a faster safari (I dont think its slow anyway)

How are you doing that with your iphone now???

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
eh.. my iphone is jailbroken. and im using an app called MyWi 4.0 that lets you do the 3G hotspot, usb tethering, or bluetooth internet

ah. Not going to jailbreak my iphone. Its been a long time coming for this feature, Apple is WAY behind on that one. Right now I use a Verizon card for work to do it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
ah. Not going to jailbreak my iphone. Its been a long time coming for this feature, Apple is WAY behind on that one. Right now I use a Verizon card for work to do it.

yeah its kind of sad that i need to jailbreak my phone to get features that would be called standard on other phones.. like back when we couldnt even have a background photo, multitasking, or *gasp* Multimedia messaging!

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
yeah its kind of sad that i need to jailbreak my phone to get features that would be called standard on other phones.. like back when we couldnt even have a background photo, multitasking, or *gasp* Multimedia messaging!

It's pretty pathetic, but then again they come up with alot of things that are copied by those other manufacturers, its pretty give and take. Since this was just an updated iPad (you cant fool me jobs) I am guessing the iPad 3 will be the full redesign with the retina screen and some actual new functions.

SHOCKER! Steve Jobs misquotes Samsung:

samsung-misquote-2011-03-02.jpg

Hey, remember all the fun last month when Samsung's Lee Young-hee said that Galaxy Tab sales were "quite smooth" but everyone heard "quite small?" Yeah, well, Steve Jobs doesn't. Before unveiling the iPad 2 today the man in black and denim listed that early misquote -- which was widely and officially corrected -- as evidence to prove that the iPad's competition was floundering.