Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Regress in that people will still use it, but far less than they do now.

I'm not in the norm, as I will only login to my Facebook account a few times a week, and rarely do I post anything. As a matter of fact, I just logged on to check the last time I posted something, and it was July 3rd. Most people check Facebook daily, and partake in multiple posts all day long, because that's all they do...like Lostfan and BS. :D

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!@#$@!

I will seriously put a hurting on you next time we cross paths.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
I will seriously put a hurting on you next time we cross paths.

I don't know, they just keep coming to me! It's like facing Billy Koch! Go ahead, throw your next FAKE 100mph fastball with the juiced Kenny Williams gun. :)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
I wonder what he'd tell his friends if he got pummeled by a hippie vegan.

You had your chance last time...and you turned out to be a peace loving hippy liberal, instead!

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Yeah. When I click on the circles tab I see 3 list- people in my circles, people who've added you (me), and find and invite. This is consistent with the notifications I've gotten. When I go to my profile tab, I have everyone in my circles but the other list (have me in circles) is missing people.

Hmm. Maybe it's a bug. I don't seem to have that issue.

EDIT: Perhaps they have set up their privacy so that they cannot be viewed in other people's profile?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Did you rock the $4.99 premium, or are you waiting for your invite?

I went 9.99. I know that's steep but it replaces netflix and the fact that it works OFFLINE on your phone (playlist) is worth it to me. Seriously, i'm rocking it now. THis is f***ING AWESOME. This must be what it was like when the beatles came to the united states.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
I went 9.99. I know that's steep but it replaces netflix and the fact that it works OFFLINE on your phone (playlist) is worth it to me. Seriously, i'm rocking it now. THis is f***ING AWESOME. This must be what it was like when the beatles came to the united states.

How does a music service replace netflix?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
in my budget.

But it doesn't replace netflix...one is a video service and one isn't.

It's music, and I'd never pay a fee for music rental.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
But it doesn't replace netflix...one is a video service and one isn't.

It's music.

You are so brilliant. I canceled my 9.99/mo service of netflix, and now am putting that toward Spotify. Otherwise I would be doing their free service. Please go on explaining to me the difference between music and video.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
You are so brilliant. I canceled my 9.99/mo service of netflix, and now am putting that toward Spotify. Otherwise I would be doing their free service. Please go on explaining to me the difference between music and video.

I have this one.

Music is audio only, while video normally incorporates audio and video.

Duh.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)

The reason I asked is because the way you made it sound is Netflix is the same as Spotify (a replacement product)...it's not...which I pointed out. :P You were talking about your movie/music rental budget moving from one to the other in terms of replacement. I'm sure you could see where the confusion lies. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
The reason I asked is because the way you made it sound is Netflix is the same as Spotify (a replacement product)...it's not...which I pointed out. :P You were talking about your movie/music rental budget moving from one to the other in terms of replacement. I'm sure you could see where the confusion lies. :P

It was more that I wouldn't pay 9.99. And in all likelihood i'll probably downgrade, but for 1 month I wanted to see all that it was. And it's pretty great. The equivelant to this prior was grooveshark which was an absolute mess filled with s***ty duplicates and poor sound quality. The ease of making a playlist, queuing up songs, and sharing things with friends is awesome. This is everything I thought it would be.