Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm sorry, BS, you must have been misdirected here somehow. The website you are actually looking for is here:

http://www.marinersforum.com/

Good riddance.

I guess we were raised differently. I was raised to be loyal to my teams no matter what. I see that you change your allegiance to your geographic location.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
I guess we were raised differently. I was raised to be loyal to my teams no matter what. I see that you change your allegiance to your geographic location.

Wrong, because I'm so loyal to the Sox, I'd never change my geographic location.

While you can try to be one of those fake fans that tries to remain loyal to a team you get to see once a decade, you're a M's fan now. Enjoy sucking even more than we currently suck!

OHHHH NO, WE SUCK AGAIN!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Why I oughta!!

And to think I was going to invite you & your family for a weekend excursion to Seattle for some hiking, biking, canoeing, and Sox baseball next summer. Sheesh.

Do you mean when the Sox play your new team, the M's?! :D

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
Death of a legend who helped revolutionize the personal computer and entertainment in so many ways. RIP.

I think people forget that he was a huge influence in Pixar becoming so great too.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Ill just pretend thats sarcasm, because even as someone who uses windows its undeniable that they tried to emulate the Apple operating system. Unless you never used a computer that ran with ms dos.

Not even just that...before Apple there was no concept of a "personal computer." A computer was something businesses and governments and astronauts needed, not schoolchildren.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
RIP Steve. Thanks

*Posted using a Mac

I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up with posts this, because my Facebook is filled with them.

I'm not going to state my opinion on the man, because it's simply too soon. But RIP nonetheless.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
Not even just that...before Apple there was no concept of a "personal computer." A computer was something businesses and governments and astronauts needed, not schoolchildren.

IBM was first to the party with PCs.

http://oldcomputers.net/ibm5100.html

But you're right, Apple did really bring the experience home. Although somebody would have done it later.