Internet Warriors

Kenny Hates Prospects

Okay, so I was reading the Thome thread and came across those Jim posts in there. Check this out, http://ow.ly/1nqapA this dude is dogging Soxtalk like in every post and challenging people. He also seems to have a pretty big issue with fathom, like stalker kind of issues. WTF did you do, fathom?

So anyway, I think we need some Soxtalk internet warriors to launch a counter attack to defend the honor of Soxtalk. Who's interested?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be players available later on if it doesn't work out.

Every single year Williams makes a mid season addition. Does SoxTalk not understand that concept? Further, do they not understand that Williams aims higher than guys off the scrap heap? Do they not understand there will be guys available later that aren't now?

But then again, there never has been any accountability over there ... for certain people anyway.

I don't want to get on the "hit" list for future attacks, but why not? LOL.

Jenks

Dye

Thornton

Contreras

Alexei Ramirez

Tadahito Iguchi

Pods (especially the 2nd time)

Griffey, Jr.

Alomar

Erstad

Politte

Hersmanson

Takatsu

Everett

MacDougal

Aardsma

Sisco

Quentin

Loaiza

Thome

A. Jones

Vizquel

Kotsay

Damaso Marte

J. Nix

Ross Gload

Arguably, all or most of those players were either pulled off the scrap heap, injured, undervalued or unwanted...isn't the whole point of being an MLB GM to do that? Outside of David Wells and re-signing our own players like Buehrle, Konerko, Dye, AJ, etc., I can't think of very many times we've paid "market value" or above for a player.

Ooops, there's always Alex Rios, although by definition he was really on the scrap heap. Or Todd Ritchie, more "scrap heap" material who had a couple of non-pressure/pedestrian NL Central seasons and morphed into a 3rd or 4th starter in our rotation magically.

Nick Swisher is the only other example where we paid "top dollar" to acquire a player from another organization. Jake Peavy was "stolen" from the Padres because of finances, but we got him at a huge discount.

Edited by caulfield12

I can't believe we have gotten to the point where people will try to ride our coattails. Mentioning soxtalk so people pay attention to them. It is a big internet, with many places to talk baseball, yet he seems obsessed with this place. Kind of cool, and sad.

Hey fathom we're 'partners' in the negativity realm! Who'd have thunk it! He should go back and read some threads from 05 and 06. Maybe I should too. I hate what Ozzie and KW have turned me into

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 02:11 AM)
Okay, so I was reading the Thome thread and came across those Jim posts in there. Check this out, http://ow.ly/1nqapA this dude is dogging Soxtalk like in every post and challenging people. He also seems to have a pretty big issue with fathom, like stalker kind of issues. WTF did you do, fathom?

So anyway, I think we need some Soxtalk internet warriors to launch a counter attack to defend the honor of Soxtalk. Who's interested?

Why waste your time? Soxnet is now a national publication, and I don't see the need to turn into Joe Cowley every time someone gets upset.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
LOL at the sad snowflake. I nearly spit coffee.

please dont spit it on your keyboard. As we all know, we need to hide behind these keyboards from big bad jimmy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
JimH gets a sad snowflake from me for his neverending effort to be relevant on the internets...

:snow

Well, he did make himself relevant today as he has his own thread on our beloved soxtalk.

+1 JimH

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Too bad really, because he's a knowledgeable poster.

He really does have a great baseball mind and has a lot of valuable information. I'll be the first to agree with him that I should have never made the Gavin Floyd guarantee that I did.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 04:29 AM)
There will be players available later on if it doesn't work out.

Every single year Williams makes a mid season addition. Does SoxTalk not understand that concept? Further, do they not understand that Williams aims higher than guys off the scrap heap? Do they not understand there will be guys available later that aren't now?

But then again, there never has been any accountability over there ... for certain people anyway.

I don't want to get on the "hit" list for future attacks, but why not? LOL.

Jenks

Dye

Thornton

Contreras

Alexei Ramirez

Tadahito Iguchi

Pods (especially the 2nd time)

Griffey, Jr.

Alomar

Erstad

Politte

Hersmanson

Takatsu

Everett

MacDougal

Aardsma

Sisco

Quentin

Loaiza

Thome

A. Jones

Vizquel

Kotsay

Damaso Marte

J. Nix

Ross Gload

Arguably, all or most of those players were either pulled off the scrap heap, injured, undervalued or unwanted...isn't the whole point of being an MLB GM to do that? Outside of David Wells and re-signing our own players like Buehrle, Konerko, Dye, AJ, etc., I can't think of very many times we've paid "market value" or above for a player.

Ooops, there's always Alex Rios, although by definition he was really on the scrap heap. Or Todd Ritchie, more "scrap heap" material who had a couple of non-pressure/pedestrian NL Central seasons and morphed into a 3rd or 4th starter in our rotation magically.

Nick Swisher is the only other example where we paid "top dollar" to acquire a player from another organization. Jake Peavy was "stolen" from the Padres because of finances, but we got him at a huge discount.

You just hijacked this thread with an insightful post! Shame on you, Caulfield!

But seriously, great post, and the lines you quoted are great too. Jim speaks about Soxtalk the way I speak about things like the government and religion. I like to use "they" a lot, and I put everyone under the same umbrella, and then I s*** all over it, finding myself enraged and completely losing sight of everything that really matters in the process. That's why I don't talk about this stuff often, and probably why this Jim guy shouldn't worry about Soxtalk. But he does and it's funny.