Internet Warriors

Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
Here is the formula that explains his behavior.

dickwad-theory.jpg

But if you take a "normal" person and make them famous or give them an audience, isn't it even MORE true that their behavior becomes polarizing and sometimes downright mean or insensitive?

For example, most of the tv hosts/talk radio/political commentators these days, on both the left and the right. How many of them are "moderate" or independent in their thinking?

I think the same thing applies to message boards. If you say "reasonable" or logical things, sometimes it seems people don't notice. So you end up with this phenomenon of people saying the most outlandish possible things in order to get attention or have an effect. I think this is one of the large reasons that CNN is losing viewership to FOX and MSNBC...there are fewer and fewer people who want "balanced/objective" journalism.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
Here is the formula that explains his behavior.

dickwad-theory.jpg

Awesome. So true though (the theory in general. I've heard stories, but I don't know JimH)

edit: I just read his posts there though, damn its like he has a dossier on every poster here. lol. That's funny to me for some reason.

Edited by lostfan