Worst Farm System in MLB

DirtySox

I'm at the point where i can seperate myself from the prospect loving side of me. Just get me A-Gone, and let's call it a day. We've got in-house options to replace Danks (Mitchell), and we're focusing on pitching in our next draft anyway. A.J's got a couple more years left in him, and we can always find another catcher elsewhere. A-Gone is just too good to pass up.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically Hudson can't be expected to contribute as an everyday starter until 2011. Hudson can't be expected to come into his own until at least at some point in 2012. Flowers can't be expected to be an everyday starter until 2011 either, and by the time he's really good (if he's going to be) it's probably not going to be until 2012 at least as well. During this period the Sox will have to deal with the growing pains of these players and in some cases take hits because of it, especially with Flowers. And also, only allowing one year of learning time is very optimistic, and then expecting these guys to be really good thereafter is even more so (although I'm very confident in Hudson).

Meanwhile, Buehrle's deal is up after 2011. Floyd's deal goes up and will increase pretty rapidly, but he's not expensive now. Danks, with another strong year, is due a pretty large salary in 2011. By the time 2012 rolls around, where we could be looking for strong years from Hudson and Flowers, we're possibly looking at Buehrle being gone, Danks and Floyd being very expensive, and Peavy still making huge bank. If we don't do some pretty serious winning in the meantime it's going to be very hard to keep our rotation together. And of course there's the issue with Quentin being arb-eligible only through 2012 also, and then he's up for free agency too.

Picking up Adrian right now would give us the best opportunity to win during the window we have, and the effects of that could do wonders for the Sox financial state in 2011-2012. They've already spent what Konerko is going to free up on Pierre and Teahen, so we shouldn't expect there to be a lot of room to work in the near future if we don't do very well this season. Even if we ended up letting Adrian walk, as long as he helped us win while he was here it should at the very least help us hang onto players we already have.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I'm at the point where i can seperate myself from the prospect loving side of me. Just get me A-Gone, and let's call it a day. We've got in-house options to replace Danks (Mitchell), and we're focusing on pitching in our next draft anyway. A.J's got a couple more years left in him, and we can always find another catcher elsewhere. A-Gone is just too good to pass up.

D2 is the one prospect I'd be sad at giving up for AGon, purely because of his brother. I've always been a fan of brother combos in the majors.

That being said, from a baseball stand point, I'd be fine giving up D2 for Gonzalez.

However, I could see the amount of players sent being lower if you included Mitchell instead of D2.