Favorite Chicago Food Spots

flippedoutpunk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
If you love fish...they also have some damn good breakfast. I suggest Glenn's Diner on Montrose, it was on Diners Driveins and Dives and lives up to the billing. Some of the best clam chowder I've ever had. They even have an apple jack crusted Tilapia! They carry almost every cereal known to man

great suggestion!! I love their cereal bar in the morning as well.. mix and match from all kinds of different cereals in one bowl, yummiee :headbang

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Going to Joe's Stone Crab and Steakhouse tomorrow night for my birthday with the lady friend....really excited for it.

Anyone here been?

If it's anywhere near as good as the original in Miami you will love it.

You will also go broke.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Oh yeah...my secret spot is Taco Mex on 107th and Torrence. They have the BEST HARD SHELL TACOS you can ever find.

I used to live around there, and been there. Not a big taco fan, so I'll take your word for it, but they have damn good tacos.

Finally got to Kuma's Corner last night. There was a two hour wait for the two of us, but we got spots at the bar 45 minutes in. Got the Metallica burger and it was pretty f***ing good. I wouldnt do it every week, but I think the wait was definitely worth it. The beers they have make the wait much easier, the Alligash was great. Definitely downed several those during the hour wait for the burger to be cooked.

The Half Shell (Diversey/Halsted) is another awesome Chicago spot if you like seafood. Went there Friday, the crab legs there are just awesome.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
Anyone ever been to Epic Burger?

Yeah, it's alright.

I wanted regular heinz yellow mustard but all they have on the table is grey poupon :huh:

Went to Harold's last night. 1/2 mixed fried hard mild sauce on hit the spot.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Yeah, it's alright.

I wanted regular heinz yellow mustard but all they have on the table is grey poupon :huh:

Went to Harold's last night. 1/2 mixed fried hard mild sauce on hit the spot.

Solid. I made sure to pick up Mike's Chicken on Clark St when I was downtown last week. Those are my two favorite chicken spots in Chicago.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Checked out a new little Pasta place on Armitage and Halsted...Pasta Palazzo, it was on Food Network and a couple of other local TV shows. Most dishes are under $12-13 and it is damn good...highly reccomended

I used to frequent pasta palazzo quite often and yes i highly recommend it as well. My favorite pasta place bar none is Pasta Fresh over on Harlem and Roscoe. I was told about this place by this couple that lives next door to me that fairly recently moved to the States from Italy and they completely swear by this place having the most authentic dishes in the city. The place only accepts cash and its only the husband and wife making the pasta on the spot for you so i recommend taking a lot of cash if you ever go there.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
I used to frequent pasta palazzo quite often and yes i highly recommend it as well. My favorite pasta place bar none is Pasta Fresh over on Harlem and Roscoe. I was told about this place by this couple that lives next door to me that fairly recently moved to the States from Italy and they completely swear by this place having the most authentic dishes in the city. The place only accepts cash and its only the husband and wife making the pasta on the spot for you so i recommend taking a lot of cash if you ever go there.

Nice, I'll have to check that out...do you mean a lot of cash because it's expense, or a lot of cash to try a bunch of things? They have no website to check so I just want to make sure

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Nice, I'll have to check that out...do you mean a lot of cash because it's expense, or a lot of cash to try a bunch of things? They have no website to check so I just want to make sure

Because they ONLY take cash is what I derived. Its funny to see how shocked people are at cash only places these days, people get downright ANGRY.