Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
What you really mean is a "real" Libertarian, or close to it. The Tea Party as established by its current set of leadership and the people who identify as such, has departed from that significantly.

More closely, yes. Definitely not the racial type slur that the left wing has turned it into.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
What you really mean is a "real" Libertarian, or close to it. The Tea Party as established by its current set of leadership and the people who identify as such, has departed from that significantly.

Ron Paul's really more of an anti-Federalist than a libertarian. He's cool with states intruding on your rights.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
I think there's something distinct between Ron Paul's eccentric viewpoints and the myriad ways in which they are wrong and the complete lack of knowledge about almost everything expressed by Palin.

Very much true, but you can't tell me that his presence on a national level ticket wouldn't create the same level of circus.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Could you seriously imagine the grilling Ron Paul would get in the general? It'd make the Sarah Palin CBS interview debacle look tame.

any candidate (not named Obama) will get grilled. They are trying to unseat the messiah!

Today is exactly why I f***ing hate with a passion Rmoney. The asshole and his own politcal operatives set up the Michigan open primary after the last election so he could get an easy win, and now, after NH's open primary (where he benefited or at least was left untouched by the fiasco), screams how "unfair" he's being treated? Rmoney's a spineless p****.

Only Richard Perry would stoop about as low.

Exits: Santorum won Middle Income voters, Romney crushed it among affluent and very wealthy voters

Exit polls of Michigan Republican primary voters show that former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum won more votes from blue-collar conservatives, while former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney took more votes among those in the upper income brackets. Numbers from CNN show that the two men nearly split lower-income voters (those with family incomes less than $30,000), but Santorum won those making between $30,000 and $50,000 by 8 points, and those with family incomes between $50,000 and $100,000 by 3 points, a group that represented a third of those polled.

But the top third of exit poll respondants, those making $100,000 or more, went strongly for Romney. Among those who made between $200,000 and more, Romney won by the largest split of any group, 55-29, but that was only 10 percent of the electorate.

Yay, telephone calls inviting me to a rally with rMoney tomorrow night! Gingrich is here on Monday I believe, little Ricky was here yesterday! ANd now I'm even getting Sheldon Adelson's money spent on me. Every time I see that ad I think I paid for part of it by buying a beverage at the Venetian.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Today is exactly why I f***ing hate with a passion Rmoney. The asshole and his own politcal operatives set up the Michigan open primary after the last election so he could get an easy win, and now, after NH's open primary (where he benefited or at least was left untouched by the fiasco), screams how "unfair" he's being treated? Rmoney's a spineless p****.

Only Richard Perry would stoop about as low.

The more I see of these guys the more I think Perry blew a great chance. I am still stunned how inept his campaign was. He picked the wrong superhero costume out of the closet.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
The more I see of these guys the more I think Perry blew a great chance. I am still stunned how inept his campaign was. He picked the wrong superhero costume out of the closet.

His campaign? It was HIM. The guy is a dolt, he went in having an obvious lack of the kind of knowledge he needed, he's terrible at engaging any tough dialogue, and his ideas were transparently ridiculous. His campaign may also have been inept, but it was his own personality and intellect (or lack thereof) that was his main downfall.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
His campaign? It was HIM. The guy is a dolt, he went in having an obvious lack of the kind of knowledge he needed, he's terrible at engaging any tough dialogue, and his ideas were transparently ridiculous. His campaign may also have been inept, but it was his own personality and intellect (or lack thereof) that was his main downfall.

He was also the first victim of rMoney's money...they really set the "narrative" on him early and broke his early surge by running a lot of ads on how Perry had occasionally not been completely insane on immigration issues, which forced him to have to defend sane policies in a Republican debate. Then the gaffes followed that up.