Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they calling Wisconsin for Romney already?

Just looked at the map and somehow Santorum is leading in Dane County (Madison), it switched to Romney now, but it looks like the big Democrat areas (Milwaukee, Madison) are reporting, but the smaller more Republican havent yet. The reason I mention that is it stands to reason Romney would do well in Democratic parts and Santorum in Conservative.

Santorum is polling oddly well in Madison, when you look at that it just seems like Santorum may perform stronger than expected. With only 10% reporting, just hard to believe they are calling it definitively, although Santorum needs to do better in Milwaukee area.

Reminding me of the same things that were said about Dole, Gore and McCain in the past.

That when they were campaigning, they lost something of their real personalities as their staffs tried to program them too much.

The problem with Romney is the opposite one. They're scared to death of letting his actual personality out too often, preferring to limit interviews that are not pre-scripted or on Fox, debates, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Mrs. Romney is as prone to sticking her foot in her mouth as her husband:

Romney alluded to the fact that not all women can stay at home saying, “I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.”

This doesn't matter, and, in context of the next two sentences, it's clear what she meant. But the Romneys aren't making it easy on their campaign staff with statements like "I 'm not concerned about the very poor" and "I love the fact that there are women out there who don't have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise kids."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Newt is finally dropping out. I wonder if he got offered a job with the Secret Service?

Is this a:

1. Womanizing/cheating/prostitute joke?

2. Money wasting joke?

3. Corrupt Obama bribing him to get out of the way joke?

It works on so many levels...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...