Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught only some parts of it. Perry seemed like he was fine with the zingers, but also seemed paper thin in his actual positions on... anything. Romney was his usual self, for good or bad. Cain is sort of bizarre. Ron Paul did his usual schtick. I've said before I think Huntsmann is the most sane person up there, still seems that way, but he's go no shot. Bachmann is basically Perry, which is to say flash and dash with nothing behind it (those two really don't seem terribly bright).

I am still convinced that Romney is the only one in that field who can win in the general, barring a massive economic worsening. Paul, Bachmann, Cain all seem completely lacking in actual leadership abilities. Perry has some leadership "look and feel", but he'll need a lot more substance to win the nomination - as people get to know him better, I think he will fall like a rock.

Caught only some parts of it. Perry seemed like he was fine with the zingers, but also seemed paper thin in his actual positions on... anything. Romney was his usual self, for good or bad. Cain is sort of bizarre. Ron Paul did his usual schtick. I've said before I think Huntsmann is the most sane person up there, still seems that way, but he's go no shot. Bachmann is basically Perry, which is to say flash and dash with nothing behind it (those two really don't seem terribly bright).

I am still convinced that Romney is the only one in that field who can win in the general, barring a massive economic worsening. Paul, Bachmann, Cain all seem completely lacking in actual leadership abilities. Perry has some leadership "look and feel", but he'll need a lot more substance to win the nomination - as people get to know him better, I think he will fall like a rock.

I can agree with this.. I watched the whole thing.. you summed it up nicely.

I liked Newt's witty remark about GE, I thought he came off much less ivory tower than I'd seen him in the past. I agreed in principle when he stated that green tax credits are loopholes, disagreed that those needed to be closed. Perry is a few months behind the others, he's getting comfortable with this new level of campaigning, and gaining fast.

I was also grading papers, so I skipped watching some of the candidates.

For Immediate Release: September 13, 2011

AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS STATEMENT ON HPV VACCINE

By: O Marion Burton, MD, FAAP, president, American Academy of Pediatrics

“The American Academy of Pediatrics would like to correct false statements made in the Republican presidential campaign that HPV vaccine is dangerous and can cause mental retardation. There is absolutely no scientific validity to this statement. Since the vaccine has been introduced, more than 35 million doses have been administered, and it has an excellent safety record.

“The American Academy of Pediatrics, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the American Academy of Family Physicians all recommend that girls receive HPV vaccine around age 11 or 12. That’s because this is the age at which the vaccine produces the best immune response in the body, and because it’s important to protect girls well before the onset of sexual activity. In the U.S., about 6 million people, including teens, become infected with HPV each year, and 4,000 women die from cervical cancer. This is a life-saving vaccine that can protect girls from cervical cancer.”

Not sure where to post this, but according to the National Enquirer (hey, they were right about John Edwards), a new book by Joe McGinnis (hey, he was right about [?]) will claim that before she was married, Sarah Palin consumed non-white Rice. Also, she allegedly used to really like the snow up there in Alaska.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/...-mcginnis-rogue

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Not sure where to post this, but according to the National Enquirer (hey, they were right about John Edwards), a new book by Joe McGinnis (hey, he was right about [?]) will claim that before she was married, Sarah Palin consumed non-white Rice. Also, she allegedly used to really like the snow up there in Alaska.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/...-mcginnis-rogue

I love how everybody is just ignoring the cocaine part because of how fun the Glen Rice part is. Honestly, neither would surprise me (ESPECIALLY the Glen Rice thing).

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
I will campaign/vote for Obama if Huntsman wins the GOP nomination.

Haha while I'm sure this is hyperbolic, I'm tempted to do the same if Huntsman (well, I guess or Newt) DOESN'T win.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Haha while I'm sure this is hyperbolic, I'm tempted to do the same if Huntsman (well, I guess or Newt) DOESN'T win.

I will do it if Huntsman wins. I really don't like him.

also, after Newt gets his campaign in high gear, i think you will decide to vote him. you will forget all about voting for Obama.

Edited by mr_genius