Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
Looked sane compared to most of that bunch?

What's insane about them? The fact that they disagree with you?

If that's the only qualifying factor for insanity, then I'd say almost the entirety of the left is insane.

So much for civility.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
What's insane about them? The fact that they disagree with you?

If that's the only qualifying factor for insanity, then I'd say almost the entirety of the left is insane.

So much for civility.

actually, you will find looking through this forum that I have said good things about some GOP candidates. There are even some I'd consider voting for over Obama, potentially. I think you have me confused with some of the liberals on the board.

I am saying that people like Perry, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum all are not just conservatives - they are outright crazy ones. Gingrich, though an arrogant prick, is pretty logical and sane, in my view. Romney is a flip-flopper, but he's sane too. Same with Huntsman. Then there is Ron Paul, who has a certain crazy consistency to him, he's kind of in a different class.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Rick Perry really needs a big fundraising quarter. He needs a big showing in that number.

Perry has no chance now. He might as well drop out of the race and save himself some embarrassment.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Perry has no chance now. He might as well drop out of the race and save himself some embarrassment.

I wouldn't say that at all yet. Dude is clearly still at the top of the list and he's going to be a force in Iowa and South Carolina. Mittens I think is just skipping Iowa and leaving it to Perry and Bachmann, which leaves a big opening for someone who can win that state.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
I am saying that people like Perry, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum all are not just conservatives - they are outright crazy ones. Gingrich, though an arrogant prick

You still haven't said what's crazy about them. Bachmann and Santorum have said some odd things on homosexuality, and Perry made a controversial remark about secession in which he didn't advocate it at all but simply vouched for states rights. However, I don't think any of that qualifies as insanity. No more so than, say, Valerie Jarrett claiming that the purpose of government is to give people livelihoods so they can provide for their families. Would you call that insane? Or does it get a pass because its more in line with your own views?

Gingrich, though an arrogant prick

And Barack Obama isn't?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
You still haven't said what's crazy about them. Bachmann and Santorum have said some odd things on homosexuality, and Perry made a controversial remark about secession in which he didn't advocate it at all but simply vouched for states rights. However, I don't think any of that qualifies as insanity. No more so than, say, Valerie Jarrett claiming that the purpose of government is to give people livelihoods so they can provide for their families. Would you call that insane? Or does it get a pass because its more in line with your own views?

And Barack Obama isn't?

I hate people like this, let's refute another person's opinion by bashing the left some more!! Did you ask him or did he mention the sanity of Obama?? No, so why the f*** do you bring it up!? Having to attack other's to make a point is just a distracting (on purpose), annoying as hell tactic that gets the conversation no where.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
I hate people like this, let's refute another person's opinion by bashing the left some more!! Did you ask him or did he mention the sanity of Obama?? No, so why the f*** do you bring it up!? Having to attack other's to make a point is just a distracting (on purpose), annoying as hell tactic that gets the conversation no where.

Geez, guy. Don't give yourself an aneurysm.

He called people on the right insane. So I showed some equally insane people from the left. He called a man on the right arrogant, so I showed someone on the left who is every bit as arrogant. The post went along with my thesis that NSS's ideas of sanity and arrogance fall very much along partisan lines. If I'm wrong, he'll come back with another post clarifying his opinion and we'll go from there.

That's how a debate works, Mr. I-Support-The-Troops-Cuz-I-Was-In-A-Club-Once.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
I wouldn't say that at all yet. Dude is clearly still at the top of the list and he's going to be a force in Iowa and South Carolina. Mittens I think is just skipping Iowa and leaving it to Perry and Bachmann, which leaves a big opening for someone who can win that state.

not after the ads about Rick 'Amnesty' Perry start to run

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)

He called people on the right insane. So I showed some equally insane people from the left. He called a man on the right arrogant, so I showed someone on the left who is every bit as arrogant. The post went along with my thesis that NSS's ideas of sanity and arrogance fall very much along partisan lines. If I'm wrong, he'll come back with another post clarifying his opinion and we'll go from there.

I'm sorry if I'd rather see people actually talk about people they support instead of just bashing everyone else.

And seriously, with the last comment?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
\. No more so than, say, Valerie Jarrett claiming that the purpose of government is to give people livelihoods so they can provide for their families. Would you call that insane? Or does it get a pass because its more in line with your own views?\

That's not actually what she said, that's the right-wing blog alternate universe version.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)

That's actually not how debate works, that's tu quoque and it's a logical fallacy.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
I'm sorry if I'd rather see people actually talk about people they support instead of just bashing everyone else.

And seriously, with the last comment?

I told you what my thesis was. My post was written to follow up on that thesis. Don't like it? Ignore it. But I don't really give a s*** about your hissyfits.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
not after the ads about Rick 'Amnesty' Perry start to run

Paid for by mitt Obamneycare romney?

It's the republican thread but the daily show did a bit on this earlier this week. There's pretty much no possible person who could have met all the standards of the tea party and been elected anywhere.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
That's actually not how debate works, that's tu quoque and it's a logical fallacy.

Tu quoque is a stupid fallacy. I mean, imagine Bill Clinton telling people not to get blown by their interns. Not very credible, is it?

And in this case, a tu quoque argument was the best way to show my idea that NSS qualifies people as crazy based on partisan lines.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Tu quoque is a stupid fallacy. I mean, imagine Bill Clinton telling people not to get blown by their interns. Not very credible, is it?

Logic!!!!!mysmilie_373.gif

And in this case, a tu quoque argument was the best way to show my idea that NSS qualifies people as crazy based on partisan lines.

yabut your idea is just paint-with-a-broad-brush-and-make-a-bunch-of-assumptions-to-dismiss-all-criticism crap. NSS isn't exactly a partisan democrat here.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
I told you what my thesis was. My post was written to follow up on that thesis. Don't like it? Ignore it. But I don't really give a s*** about your hissyfits.

Please, your post was written to bash the left, in a thread that it's really unnecessary. You're a walking political commercial.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Please, your post was written to bash the left, in a thread that it's really unnecessary. You're a walking political commercial.

Well, yeah, I'm utterly convinced the left is horrible for America. So I'll continue attacking it.