Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
So today, Mittens made an appearance at a rally in Ohio in favor of ohios union busting law, which is on the ballot soon. Mittens has endorsed that law in the past. He was asked about that law at the rally for the law he was attending today...and responded without comment, saying he didn't know enough about the issue. That he'd commented on before. That he was at a rally for.

He's so precious.

Ain't he though? That's why he's a pile of s***.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 25, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Other times in his career, but this is a guy that has never lost a race, the longest serving governor in Texas history. He flat out knows how to win and has assembling a heck of a campaign team.

Texas ain't "U S of KKK A", dude. Nor is "U S of KKK A" in Rick Perry's world, either.

Dubya says howdy. It's also not the US of pizzA either. When a governor from Arkansas can be president, can't every young boy, black or white, dream that dream? Even if you're from the state that out performed every other state during the Dem driven economic troubles we experienced? Can't a nice man like Perry, a true Democrat until the party left him, rise to the top?

THE Revvvverand Wright would scold Perry. Something about plundering chickens, but maybe I have my sermons confused. :lol:

So, the bigger point is, most people don't like Texas. And all Rick Perry can talk about is Texas. Until he learns that the country is bigger then Texas (wow!) he's going nowhere.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 07:02 AM)
Perry is making Bush look like an eloquent intellectual.

You're drunker then s*** if you play "Texas" as the drinking word for Perry speak. :lol:

I agree. I cannot stand Rick Perry. Gee, that shouldn't be obvious or anything by now.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 07:05 AM)
You're drunker then s*** if you play "Texas" as the drinking word for Perry speak. :lol:

I agree. I cannot stand Rick Perry. Gee, that shouldn't be obvious or anything by now.

Obama says thank you for your vote come November 2012 :lol:

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 07:02 AM)
Perry is making Bush look like an eloquent intellectual.

Perry also has dropped to fifth in the last poll I saw, pulling 6% support now, just barely better than the candidate who flashed in the pan right before him (Bachmann). He's behind Romney, Cain, Gingrich and Paul.

The thing about Perry that makes me nervous is that he's a govenor of Texas, he wears his relegion on his sleeve, he's folksy and wants to be perceived as regular joe...

Reminds me too much of another former Texas gov. who became President and we all saw how that turned out, NO THANKS!

Rick Perry seems to be indicating, due to his poor performances, that he may not participate in any further debates. Says his mistake was being in them at all.

One school of thought is that this will help him stay away from an area of weakness. Problem is, he already showed he's weak, and now if he does elect to not go to any more, I don't think that helps the image. If he had chosen not to from the beginning, that would be different. Besides, if he were to win the nomination, he'd have to do some debates with Obama anyway.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Rick Perry seems to be indicating, due to his poor performances, that he may not participate in any further debates. Says his mistake was being in them at all.

One school of thought is that this will help him stay away from an area of weakness. Problem is, he already showed he's weak, and now if he does elect to not go to any more, I don't think that helps the image. If he had chosen not to from the beginning, that would be different. Besides, if he were to win the nomination, he'd have to do some debates with Obama anyway.

Thoughts?

Good riddance to yesterday's news.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)

Thoughts?

The Prism I'd continue to look at this through is "Rick Perry must win Iowa." If he loses Iowa badly and then Romney stomps in NH, he has no conceivable path to the nomination I can see.

So...he already blew badly in a couple debates and his standing suffered from it...now he's got to jump both Cain and Romney in Iowa. He might well be able to rely on Herman Cain having a couple more bad performances, especially in debates, and hurting himself, and just being the other guy there by default...but that's a serious gamble. Mittens is going to pull ~25% there in the first ballot, he's hung at that for a while, but he's also probably not a lot of people's 2nd choice. Maybe, just maybe Perry can pull off being a lot of people's 2nd choice by not participating and not saying anything really embarrassing.

Risky strategy...only way it's a good strategy is if you're convinced that the candidate will have an even worse performance in a future debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/26...-on-cain-train/

Herman Cain takes the lead in the Republican presidential nomination contest as GOP voters continue to deny Mitt Romney clear front-runner status.

A Fox News poll released Wednesday shows support for Cain has quadrupled among GOP primary voters since late August. At that time, he stood at 6 percent. After three September debates, he jumped to 17 percent. And now Cain leads the pack at 24 percent.

While it’s the first time Romney has trailed Cain, it’s the second time he’s been ousted from the lead since July. Romney receives 20 percent -- a new low for him. That’s down from 23 percent last month and a high of 26 percent in early August.

Newt Gingrich now comes in third with 12 percent -- edging out Rick Perry. The former speaker -- like Cain -- has seen his support quadruple since late August.

Perry’s support has dropped to 10 percent, down from 19 percent in September. After his mid-August announcement, Perry captured 29 percent of the vote and took the front-runner role from Romney.

At 9 percent, Ron Paul stays in the top five.

Romney is still the favorite to win the nomination, but Cain could be around for a while.

Edited by mr_genius

Poll shows Mittens leading in early states

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/a...olls-show-1.php

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney leads in new CNN/Time polls of the first four states on the Republican presidential nominating calendar -- Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida -- though in Iowa and South Carolina, Herman Cain runs a close second.

Cain, the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, runs second in each of the four states, and in three of the four states, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, runs third.

I just want to use this article to say again its really too bad Huntsman has no real shot. He's in denial about his need to do fundraisers in NH, where he is basically putting his entire campaign on the line. I'd have to think he'll change his tune on that, or else he's just not dealing with reality. But apart from that, I really like the guy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/29...-register-poll/

Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has taken the lead in the race to win the Iowa Caucuses, according to a Des Moines Register poll published Saturday.

Cain finished with 23 percent, narrowly beating former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney who finished with 22 percent. The two are essentially tied however, as Cain's one point lead falls within the poll's +/-4.9 percentage point margin of error.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/29.../#ixzz1cHGsV3zh

Cain holding, Romney can't seem to get any momentum. High school drop out Huntsman in last where he belongs.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)

Thoughts?

Perry's campaign appears to have dropped this trial balloon and has committed to appear in at least 5 more debates.

He better practice.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Am I wrong, or could Mitch Daniels enter this race tomorrow and have the nomination locked up by March?

He'd miss filing in some key states and be way, way, way behind in fundraising and building any sort of ground game. By the time his organization got its wheels under it, we'd have completed 4 or 5 states' worth of primaries.