Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
at least with Newt Gingrich all the scandals have probably already been revealed.

And there are stories out now where the daughter says that the oft repeated story of him visiting wife in the hospital to ask for a divorce are untrue. According to her, the wife asked for the divorce, and it started before she got sick and went to the hospital. I recall Newt saying something to that effect before as well and nobody believing him.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
And there are stories out now where the daughter says that the oft repeated story of him visiting wife in the hospital to ask for a divorce are untrue. According to her, the wife asked for the divorce, and it started before she got sick and went to the hospital. I recall Newt saying something to that effect before as well and nobody believing him.

Yea, i'm pretty sure that story about Newt is bs.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
You are kidding, right? Or is there someone other than Edwards?

Tex, you can't be that deaf and blind. The media were in the bag for Edwards for the longest time until they couldn't ignore it anymore. by that time, it didn't matter anymore in regards to politics. They sat on the story, you know it. They had names, dates, details and they sat on it. All the have (for the moment) are unsourced accusations against Cain and they are going full tilt. Of course his lame attempts at handling it didn't help any.

Just as an aside, I hope this does come out so we can define what is considered inappropriate contact or conversation. Just wondering if Cain's misdeeds rise to the level of cock-tweeting.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Which one. That he asked for a divorce in the hospital, or are you accusing the daughter of lying?

the story about Newt demanding a divorce from his wife, while she is on her death bed. there's no way that happened.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Tex, you can't be that deaf and blind. The media were in the bag for Edwards for the longest time until they couldn't ignore it anymore. by that time, it didn't matter anymore in regards to politics. They sat on the story, you know it. They had names, dates, details and they sat on it. All the have (for the moment) are unsourced accusations against Cain and they are going full tilt. Of course his lame attempts at handling it didn't help any.

Just as an aside, I hope this does come out so we can define what is considered inappropriate contact or conversation. Just wondering if Cain's misdeeds rise to the level of cock-tweeting.

I am. I never believed Enquirer articles. Still don't. If I owned a newspaper I wouldn't check any of their articles out.

You would.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Huh? That killed whatever was left of his political career. Everyone knew about it and it was all over the place.

And deservedly so. What kind of a low life makes his cancer ridden wife a central piece of his campaign, and then cheats on her?

BTW, according to the Enquirer this week, Edwards' daughter achieved the ultimate revenge on Edwards' mistress at a wedding (maybe it was the daughters). So John is still making headlines over there.

I really don't want to know what "Stuff" this guy has.

“Tell us what it is and then let’s move on and talk about what you’re doing for the country,” Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) said of the charges against Cain. “Everybody’s got stuff. Your profession’s got to grow up. We as politicians need to grow up. The American people need to grow up.”
Grow up and ignore sexual harassment settlements?

Congrats North Chicago Suburbs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

Rep Walsh is in the middle of litigation with his ex-wife, amid claims he has failed to pay child support.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

Well, we were told for years that sticking a cigar into an intern's poos didn't matter and all that mattered was job performance. All he may have done is OFFER to stick something in, that we know of, so far. And you know as well as everyone else that companies and insurance often settle even when there is no wrongdoing just to avoid publicity.

And I do hope these allegations come out, so we can see how bad, or not bad, they are. One I read he asked a woman if she wanted to go back to his apartment. Ooooh, that's bad. Now if he said 'come back with me or I fire you', that IS bad. His camp should just spill it all out and move forward. Like everything else, its the coverup that kills ya.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Well, we were told for years that sticking a cigar into an intern's poos didn't matter and all that mattered was job performance.

Somehow, I'm betting that the response of this particular Rep to the Clinton scandal wouldn't have been "Grow up and get over it!".