Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
lol. No, I just think she brings up some interesting points. Looks pretty shady all around. Axelrod working his chicago politics magic.

"Brings up interesting points" and Coulter [she] should never be used in the same sentence. That article is awful conspiracy theory crap with massive logic failures every other sentence.

What the dumb talking heads and the Cain campaign keep saying, "anonymous accusations!" and what really happened, two settled cases with NDA's forcing these people to remain anonymous plus 3 additional claims of impropriety, are two completely different things.

LOL she accuses the Trib of being part of the Democrat Machine. Please tell me you don't regularly read anything by her. The whole thing is basically one big non sequitor.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
If someone was shouting "look! this woman accusing Cain of SH filed for bankruptcy in 1998....GOLD DIGGER!" then i'd agree with you. But as i've explained numerous times, look at the whole picture. IMO she's full of s*** and looking to cash in on the opportunity here.

Are you also suggesting that Cain didn't do anything wrong?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
hasn't Cain's main accuser been involved in like 20 lawsuits over the past 5 years?

kind of weird don't you think?

I thought there were several more. :huh

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
haha, what a terrible prediction from texsox

BTW, I think we can all agree that Perry needs a teleprompter, just like the savior Obama who doesn't speak without one.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
BTW, I think we can all agree that Perry needs a teleprompter, just like the savior Obama who doesn't speak without one.

Perry trying to read and stand at the same time? recipe for disaster.

he probably should have stayed away from the rest of the debates like he said he would.

Edited by mr_genius

Well shucks, if y'all want some slickster politician who can smooth talk ya, well then Perry isn't for you. You know we already got that. I guess we can just keep that feller and his fancy words that speechwriters come up. But if you want a God honest man for president, one that will occasionally, like all of us, slip up, Perry is still your best option. You know, he kind of reminds me of Reagan . . .

;)

I will say that Perry is playing this off extremely well. But Presidential candidates don't get to have senior moments when you are talking about the bread and butter of your policy goals.

New CBS poll comes out today and has Cain plummeting to earth, down nine points from a couple weeks ago. Still in front though.

The leaders:

Cain 18%

Undecided 17%

Romney 15%

Newt 15%

SOMEONE ELSE 14%

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
I would love to see him and Obama in a debate. Romney might match him, but I think Newt would make Obama look like an amateur.

Newt's problem in a debate against anyone, where he's 1 on 1, is coming off as way too condescending. You can hear it in plenty of the clips from these debates, and in a 90 minute debate, each of them only gets like 10 minutes to talk. In 45-50 minutes, telling the viewers that "The elites won't tell you this" only works so many times.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Newt's problem in a debate against anyone, where he's 1 on 1, is coming off as way too condescending. You can hear it in plenty of the clips from these debates, and in a 90 minute debate, each of them only gets like 10 minutes to talk. In 45-50 minutes, telling the viewers that "The elites won't tell you this" only works so many times.

His directness is the opposite of Obama's blathering. I think it'll come off as being on point, having an actual answer. Not just being a snobby elite.