Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
I wonder what the voter turnout would be for a Cain - Obama election.

I don't know, but I'm willing to bet Obama wins it in a landslide.

The Republicans only have a shot at the Presidency if they nominate Romney or Gingrich. Anyone else, its over before it starts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
I'm trying to figure out if Bloomberg challenging Newt on the type of "Work" he did to earn $1.2 mil from FDMC will resonate with Republican voters or not. They haven't seemed to hate lobbying work, but it's lobbying on behalf of a GSE, which is a bad thing. All I know is my gut says maybe.

it could, but he has given a good answer.

something along the line of:

"They paid me as a consultant, and I gave them great advice which they totally ignored it. And look what happened."

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
it could, but he has given a good answer.

something along the line of:

"They paid me as a consultant, and I gave them great advice which they totally ignored it. And look what happened."

Much better than Perry's "you want a slick politician" or Cain's "how many thousand did I not harass" . . .

Rick Perry challenged Nancy Pelosi to a debate in a letter. I'll let y'all figure out which one is the winner.

"He did ask if I could debate here in Washington on Monday. It is my understanding that such a letter has come in," Pelosi said in the Capitol Thursday. "Monday I'm going to be in Portland in the morning, I'm going to be visiting some of our labs. I'm in California in the afternoon, that's two. I can't remember what the third is."

Perry's campaign fired back at the Dem leader, writing on their official twitter account Thursday: "@NancyPelosi Perhaps the third activity that you have forgotten is the ongoing insider trading?"

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
If Gingrich wins or is within a couple points in Iowa, and manages to actually win NH, he's got a very good chance of winning the nomination.

If the same person wins both IA and NH, I'd probably say the race is all but over, regardless of who wins them. Unless it was Ron Paul.

Newt supports union busting via child labor

“You say to somebody, you shouldn’t go to work before you’re what, 14, 16 years of age, fine. You’re totally poor. You’re in a school that is failing with a teacher that is failing. I’ve tried for years to have a very simple model,” he said. “Most of these schools ought to get rid of the unionized janitors, have one master janitor and pay local students to take care of the school. The kids would actually do work, they would have cash, they would have pride in the schools, they’d begin the process of rising.”

How is this man considered a serious candidate for President?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

he is a serious candidate because of excellent ideas like the one mentioned above. NEWT 2012.

seriously, these lazy kids need should have the basic ability to clean up after themselves. maybe they would lose a few pounds, since like 90% of them are obese fatsos now a days.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

I dunno about 14, but I had a job when I was 16. Funny enough, it was part-time for the school district helping mow the lawns and whatnot at the various schools in my town...

The horror!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
I dunno about 14, but I had a job when I was 16. Funny enough, it was part-time for the school district helping mow the lawns and whatnot at the various schools in my town...

The horror!

i was mowing lawns for spending money at 14. also worked as a caddy at a golf course.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
It's much easier to "rise up" in life by depending on the government until you're at least 22, probably even later. #progressivethink

Not everyone can get millions of dollars for non-lobbying for GSE's!

Though it's nice to see you supporting Newt's call for abolition of child labor laws.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)

The horror!

This is quite a bit different from Newt's call to abolish child labor laws so that we can replace union janitors with poor children.

Newt's and jenks' vision for the wealthiest society on the planet:

5193540_f520.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
If you can drive a car under the law, you're no longer a child. Nice spin attempt, but no.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Newt is advocating removal of child labor restrictions. 15 and 16 yo's can legally work already. The next paragraph:

He added, "You go out and talk to people, as I do, you go out and talk to people who are really successful in one generation. They all started their first job between nine and 14 years of age. They all were either selling newspapers, going door to door, they were doing something, they were washing cars."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/...l#ixzz1eAVDCdvc

so, poor kids in poor schools should be put to work, displacing unionized janitors. Funny, but some of those kids' parents would be those same janitors, and now you've just depressed wages for janitorial work while also making their parents unemployed. That's a sure-fire way to rise up out of poverty.

Again, why is this man taken seriously?

Edited by StrangeSox