Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Thank y'all for the education. Just a side note, and not exactly directly to this, but I'm still generally unclear on the law, but in an a global thought, should we scrap a law because some people have still done what the law is designed to protect? People and corporations break laws, but should be then just give up and not try? I see scrapping the law if the purpose is no longer supported, but not scrapping a law because people have gotten around it.

Again, it isn't the laws that need to be scrapped. It is an entire governmental division founded to make companies prove that they aren't breaking the law that needs to be scrapped. Never has anyone said scrap the fraud laws.

It would be akin to making you as individual file documentation quarterly that details what you assets are, what they are worth, and then once a year having that documentation say that you are telling the truth, in addition to all of the ways you already pay your taxes, to prove that you are paying your taxes accurately.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 07:39 AM)
Again, it isn't the laws that need to be scrapped. It is an entire governmental division founded to make companies prove that they aren't breaking the law that needs to be scrapped. Never has anyone said scrap the fraud laws.

It would be akin to making you as individual file documentation quarterly that details what you assets are, what they are worth, and then once a year having that documentation say that you are telling the truth, in addition to all of the ways you already pay your taxes, to prove that you are paying your taxes accurately.

Sounds like it will put a whole lot of attorneys and accountanting types out of work. I'm in

Former Iowa Gov. Robert Ray, a prominent centrist Republican in the early caucus state, endorsed Mitt Romney Friday morning for the GOP presidential nomination.

"I want our next president to be someone whose character and judgment I respect and whose ideas are valid for our country. I believe Mitt Romney offers the personal qualities and vision to become a truly great president," Ray said in a statement sent out by Romney's campaign. "Mitt has a strong record in business, including turning around the Winter Olympics, and leading the state of Massachusetts. Mitt Romney would represent America’s values and interests in an uncertain, challenging, and competitive world. With our future in mind, I am proud to support Governor Romney in the caucuses and hope to vote for him next November."

Ray is a former five-term governor who was in office from 1969 to 1983, and has a long history of working on bipartisan healthcare reforms. His long absence from office has diminished his name recognition in the state, however.

The Hill

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Huntsman and Paul elect to avoid the Trump Fest Debate.

Huntsman and Gingrich to have a 1-on-1 long form debate soon, Gingrich's idea, and Newt wants the same with other candidates too. Wasn't someone asking for something like this just recently?

Gingrich is already getting on my nerves. I am kind of regretting supporting him for the nomination.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
blog_cain_out_1.jpg

Herman Cain wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was, but his quest to catch 'em all ended on Saturday.

The businessman and GOP presidential candidate stepped aside from the race on Saturday, bowing to falling polling numbers and growing sex scandal-related controversy. It was a sad moment for the conservatives who backed him, but a happy one for many video game and anime fans, as during his announcement, he finally admitted that he had been quoting Pokémon during various other speeches.

"I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie," Cain said. "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me."

The movie, to be exact, was "Pokémon 2000," and the song "The Power of One" by Donna Summers, not a "poet" as he had previously stated.

Ok.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
"I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie," Cain said. "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me."

haha, YES!

and that is why primary voters liked Hermain Cain, he is hilarious.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Huntsman and Paul elect to avoid the Trump Fest Debate.

Huntsman and Gingrich to have a 1-on-1 long form debate soon, Gingrich's idea, and Newt wants the same with other candidates too. Wasn't someone asking for something like this just recently?

Yep! For those who want more than a 6 o'clock sound bite, this is the way to go. True, you can get TOO much information sometimes, but i want to hear more than just '9-9-9', 'cap, trade, whatever' or 'yes we can'.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
haha, YES!

and that is why primary voters liked Hermain Cain, he is hilarious.

is it really hilarious for a presidential candidate to be quoting the pokemon movie as his source of inspiration? so glad this idiot's gone.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.

Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.

I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.

But hey, it's totally unfair to characterize this crop of candidates as a bunch of ridiculous nuts.