Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
Now what I hate is when someone has a holier than thou attitude about morals and then goes and does "immoral" things.

This society loves to attack and ridicule people who fail while trying to reach a higher goal, while cheering those who "push the envelope" of indecency. No way you can ridicule someone who isn't trying. But hey, have you done the two women yet? Imagine this line, I f***ing hate your holier than though attitude of doing two women at once and then you fail. Look at that f***er, always talking about how he doesn't care about morality then he f***ing is the most moral person I know. I knew he was just like everyone else. :lolhitting Bonds and Rose get defended, Tebow gets attacked.

We are pack animals and want everyone to be just like ourselves. When someone tries to be different, that makes us nervous and anxious. Interesting bit of human behavior.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
Isn't this the GOP primary? Why drag liberals into y'alls internal battle? But while I am here, and feeling a little pissed in your use of "you all" when it didn't apply to most of the liberals here, I'll play.

And you all told us sex matters, a lot. Two consenting adults having sex better have different parts or they, and this nation, are going to hell. You all told us that Clinton wasn't fit to serve in office and started impeachment hearings. You all told us the only relationship that matters, the only one that should be recognized by this country, is between a man and a woman.

I'll take the liberal side on this one.

You all - pffffft. :lol:

Actually you all at soxtalk know better then that on my views anyway. Sort of like I knew you all's view on the Clinton thing. (hint, stay the hell out of it, GOP, you lose on this issue).

Mainstream liberals did take this view with Clinton and those same mainstream liberals are trying like mad to frame Gingrich on this issue. Gingrich is enough of a prick to implode on his own, he doesn't need help.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
You all - pffffft. :lol:

Actually you all at soxtalk know better then that on my views anyway. Sort of like I knew you all's view on the Clinton thing. (hint, stay the hell out of it, GOP, you lose on this issue).

Mainstream liberals did take this view with Clinton and those same mainstream liberals are trying like mad to frame Gingrich on this issue. Gingrich is enough of a prick to implode on his own, he doesn't need help.

There is a difference, though, since Gingrich likes to lecture us about the sanctity of marriage and Gay Fascism. So liberals pointing out that that Gingrich is a dumb bullfrog while also saying private sex lives aren't exactly hypocrites themselves, they are just pointing out ridiculous inconsistencies.

But I wouldn't say Clinton's abuse of power and the office were strictly off-limits from public discourse.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
This society loves to attack and ridicule people who fail while trying to reach a higher goal, while cheering those who "push the envelope" of indecency. No way you can ridicule someone who isn't trying. But hey, have you done the two women yet? Imagine this line, I f***ing hate your holier than though attitude of doing two women at once and then you fail. Look at that f***er, always talking about how he doesn't care about morality then he f***ing is the most moral person I know. I knew he was just like everyone else. :lolhitting Bonds and Rose get defended, Tebow gets attacked.

We are pack animals and want everyone to be just like ourselves. When someone tries to be different, that makes us nervous and anxious. Interesting bit of human behavior.

Not sure where you are going with this. I dont believe in allowing society to define "morals". I would never run a campaign based on societal morality. Now if I went on stage and said "I had sex with 2 girls at a time" and it turned out I lied, I would absolutely expect for people to attack my integrity.

As for trying, I try and be a good person based on what I believe that means. I dont believe being a good person has anything to do with whether or not gay people marry, or whether a guy has an open marriage, or whether some one has had 3 divorces or no divorces, whether or not a guy used a cigar for a dildo, none of that matters to me.

I guess I dont believe any of that is a "higher goal", I believe a higher goal would be freedom and equality for all, which unfortunately goes against the "morals" of many in this country.

Jeb Bush to endorse Mittens. This will presumably be as useful as the endorsement of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley that Mitt got a couple weeks ago, or as useful as that new hampshire newspaper endorsement that Newt picked up in new Hampshire.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
I guess SC voters think Newt will be able to get away with attacking debate moderators in the general election. Ok, I guess.

Exit polling data in Sc says that the voters didn't just like Newt better, they strongly believe he'd be a stronger general election candidate than Mittens.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Jeb Bush to endorse Mittens. This will presumably be as useful as the endorsement of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley that Mitt got a couple weeks ago, or as useful as that new hampshire newspaper endorsement that Newt picked up in new Hampshire.

Jeb Bush has denied that report. Not a good night for the AP.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:50 AM)
What's the voter turn out been for these caucuses/primaries? Because the vote totals seem low, but I don't remember what they usually have been like in the past.

First two were about 10% short of the 2008 records. Yesterday's turn out was 30% higher than 2008.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:50 AM)
What's the voter turn out been for these caucuses/primaries? Because the vote totals seem low, but I don't remember what they usually have been like in the past.

turnout in the GOP primaries has been very high this year.